Free Agency 2022

lichtie23

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

In the National Football League, the franchise tag is a designation a team may apply to a player scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. The tag binds the player to the team for one year if certain conditions are met. Each team has one franchise tag and one transition tag per year.

Thank you.

Are the conditions salary, appearances etc?

What is a transition tag? 

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

What is a franchise tag?

Aside from my last reply, a franchise tag is something that if we had it in Scottish fitba’, we could have tried to use it on John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Lewis Morgan, Jamie McGrath, and Jak Alnwick…. Then, we’d sell them anyway, so, franchise tags in Scottish fitba’ would be about as much use as Curtis Main. 😜

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Thank you.

Are the conditions salary, appearances etc?

What is a transition tag? 

I think the main conditions are as follows…

Club: Going to franchise tag you, on condition you will accept it, play for us under it, and you aren’t getting a 70 million five year deal at the LA Rams.

Player: Fcuk that, I want a 70 million five year deal at the LA Rams, this team sucks.

Club: Oh, OK then. We don’t want a bitter unhappy kunt just going through the motions… bye then.

I think I’ve nailed it. 😀

Lions have re-signed the one true #TB12 Tim Boyle to a one-year deal worth $2 million. Puts to bed the idea the Lions are drafting a QB at any point this draft.

S C.J. Moore re-signs on a one year deal worth $2.4 million. Moore is a core component of the special teams but can fill in on defense when needed. Also executed one of the two fake punts the Lions did against the Rams week 8.

C Evan Brown re-signs on a one year deal of an unknown value. Played the majority of the season with starter Frank Ragnow going down in week 4 & missing the rest of 2021. Put up solid numbers & there was the possibility he may have played his way to a deal elsewhere.

The 2 year deal for WR Josh Reynolds that was reported as being worth $12 million is actually only worth about half that which is a bargain.

What is a franchise tag?
If a player is scheduled to become become free agent and you want to keep them, each team has a Franchise Tag they can put on one player.

This keeps them with the team for a season.

I believe they play on a contract worked out at something like the average salary across the top 5 players in that position, so Adams would be set to get the average amount in salary of the top 5 WRs in the NFL.

The money is fully guaranteed, so if he got injured, he would still get all the money. This also means that the team has to have this money available under the Cap. So Green Bay will need to get about 20M under the Cap by June 1st I think.

------‐----------------------------------------‐----------------------

The Transition Tag is where you can once again tender a player for a season and at a lower price than the Franchise tag.

However, that player can agree to join another team, but the original team would only have to match their offer to keep the player.

Fairly certain if Adams refuses to suit up while tagged he loses the year of accrual, so this time next season he'd still be considered to be an upcoming UFA, only GB would be perfectly entitled to Tag him yet again. Pretty pointless saying you won't play under it when your own union negotiated these terms on your behalf. It's not like they're going to come out and have your back if you claim you are being hard done by.

Sad to lose Laken as he's been available pretty much every week for years now but the Niners can't pay him and he's getting a deserved pay day. Better hope that red shirting Banks last year was worth it.

Fairly certain if Adams refuses to suit up while tagged he loses the year of accrual, so this time next season he'd still be considered to be an upcoming UFA, only GB would be perfectly entitled to Tag him yet again. Pretty pointless saying you won't play under it when your own union negotiated these terms on your behalf. It's not like they're going to come out and have your back if you claim you are being hard done by.
Don't think he's signed the tag yet

Bears first big signing is Larry Ogunjobi, who is a decent DT, but not great.

Had to really, as not many good DTs in Free Agency or the Draft.

Really hoping we get C Brian Allen too

Only vaguely big name we might be able to sign is Juju Smith-Schuster, as think Chark and MVS will be too pricy.

Tbh, it's quite a weak WR class in Free Agency, but Draft looks good.