Free Agency 2022

lichtie23

People really need to remember how poor Kaepernick was playing 
That's fair, but he's also on record recently saying he would be prepared to sign initially as a back up, just to get a chance to get back in. There are worse back ups than him in the NFL.

Yes, I do. It’s a combination of lazy analysis which has become taken as read, a terrible run game, historically awful OL and Tua rehabilitating from his injury. By all accounts he was a deep ball thrower through college eg 2nd and 26 National Champioship 2018 game. 

I literally watched every snap he took in 20 and 21. He was really good in patches but tailed away as the situation became more and more toxic with Flores, if you believe the reports.
Last year he was running for his life after about 1.5 seconds (sometimes less) due to the awful OL, and teams didn’t need to respect the run or rush in numbers to get to him. His low sack numbers are astonishing within the context he was playing. He seems to be putting in the hard yards off season and is another year removed from a catastrophic injury which obviously affected his core mechanics. Plus the offensive coaching and game scheme were absolutely awful, which makes the McDaniel thing potentially so exciting as there have been massive upgrades right across the staff as far as I can gather.
As much as Hill is an odious little rodent, it will be fun seeing teams trying to cover Waddle, Hill, Mostert, Wilson Gesicki etc
He definitely needs to get better but I think having a coaching team all in on him with the new weapons, OL and much better coaching and scheme will see him thrive. As others have said, if it doesn’t work, we move on with 2 firsts in 23 in a loaded year class for QBs.
@Snobot If you haven't already seen this, then it may be of interest.

21 hours ago, magic sign said:

@Snobot If you haven't already seen this, then it may be of interest.

Yes, saw that, fingers crossed, would love him to break out and see no reason why not with a competent offensive staff and system, which he has never had so far in Miami.

Looking like the Chargers might be about to sign Kyle Van Noy. Fills a slot that was definitely a need. They're getting close to what I think they can realistically spend this season, but I think they could probably make one more decent Vet signing to shore up RT or ILB, although they might wait until camp cut-downs to do it.

Pete Carroll suspiciously adamant that Seattle are not interested in acquiring a veteran QB, but I honestly can't see them starting Week 1 with Geno Smith or the latest failed Broncos QB under Center. I doubt anything happens until at least June, perhaps training camps, but someone is bound to go down with an injury and perk up interest in BM and JG.

It's still possible Deshaun Watson can't play this season, and although Mayfield himself implied there's no way he'd play for the Browns again, stranger things have happened. For a random 'what if' scenario, how about the season begins with both QB's still on their current teams, Daniel Jones continues to suck in NY, and the Giants decide to pull the plug a few months early and trade for a vet?

I think a fit and healthy Mayfield is a better bet than Jimmy G. A lot of folk seem to be overlooking the fact BM was playing very hurt last season. I think Jimmy G is already at the ceiling of his abilities, whereas BM still has a bit of room to grow and could easily be a steady top 10 starter in the right situation.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Back in LA, TB, GB, in that order, although it should really be Back in LA, retired, retired. 

Jones is nothing close to the player he used to be, and I think Gronk is nailed on to be one of those 'crippled by 40' husks if he keeps playing on.