Free Agency 2022

lichtie23

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Deebo wanting to be highest paid WR in the NFL. Rumoured that 49ers are listening to trade offers 

I've seen figures of around $25 million being banded around. That would place him behind Hill, Adams, Hopkins and maybe Diggs? Probably fair enough when you consider what he brings to the team. For a fair chunk of last season he was the 49ers offence and the dude will want paid. They don't make the playoffs if it wasn't for Deebo. 

But for the Niners I guess they were hoping to have shifted Jimmy G on by now so they could deal in Deebo and Bosa as well. The money they save from Jimmy looks like it might need to go all in on Deebo to get him to stay so where does that leave them with Bosa? Maybe a trade (of Deebo) to the Jets to get one of their top Round 1 picks and a 2nd rounder will suffice to allow them to deal Bosa in and get a top WR rookie?

Worth remembering that it took the Niners time to get the deal with Trent Williams sorted. He was about to sign for the Chiefs before Shanahan got involved. Maybe that will happen again here.

On 02/04/2022 at 15:43, Fife Saint said:

The projected impact of Watsons contract vs expected Cap level is going to enrage a lot of people.

Just coming back to this- 

Some twitter bod was making an interesting point. Basically, after year one the contract Cleveland gave Watson means that he can essentially hold the franchise to ransom, because it would be prohibitively expensive to cut him or move him on, so they've committed a ludicrous amount of money to a guy who has already demonstrated he's willing to be a complete arsehole when it comes to money and playing conditions, never mind the fact he could be sitting rotting in a prison. 

On talent he's clearly head and shoulders above Mayfield, but financially the contract is an absolute millstone for the Browns, and they gave up a ludicrous amount to tie themselves to it.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Browns gonna Brown I guess. I never once bought the 'its different under Stefanski' thing because some franchises just don't know how not to step on their own dicks. Raiders similar. I'm way past the point where as a Charger fan I just habitually point and laugh at what's going on in Raiderville but there were a couple of years where the stench around the place genuinely did seem to be lifting a bit. Marmite HC, finally they have reasonably competent QB and some talent elsewhere on the roster, then the HC makes his own job untenable, their disregard for character concerns in draftees blows up big time, but to top it off, they go and replace a guy who coached them to the playoffs with another guy who is clearly a sociopath, that has a reputation throughout the NFL for being an objectionable arse, and once upon a time spent a 1st round pick on Tim Tebow with the intention of playing him at QB. I think things are going to go southwards very quickly in LV, which is a shame because the AFC West really does need some shaking up.

Deebo's brother has been fuelling the fire by commenting on social posts about the current contract hold out saying that he (Deebo) wants a trade away from the Niners.

Deebo's brother has been fuelling the fire by commenting on social posts about the current contract hold out saying that he (Deebo) wants a trade away from the Niners.
Deebo apparently not happy with the way he was used last season, completely missing the point that the only reason he is rated so highly is because of the way he was used last season.

14 hours ago, peasy23 said:
Deebo apparently not happy with the way he was used last season, completely missing the point that the only reason he is rated so highly is because of the way he was used last season.

He's coming out of this looking like a bit of a dick. The guys sending him death threats are utter trash but he seems to be annoyed that the Niners offered him a deal and now won't talk to them. If that's his attitude trade the guy, get some draft capital for him and pick up a WR in the draft.

ETA: This has been a car crash of an off season from the Niners. They had 3 main tasks - trade Jimmy G, extend Deebo and extend Bosa. Safe to say it's not going well. How they ended up here is utterly ridiculous.

EATA: The NIners low balled Kittle on his new deal and his agent was raging. Quite possible the Niners did the same with Deebo and pissed him off.

Edited by RiG

15 hours ago, RiG said:

He's coming out of this looking like a bit of a dick. The guys sending him death threats are utter trash but he seems to be annoyed that the Niners offered him a deal and now won't talk to them. If that's his attitude trade the guy, get some draft capital for him and pick up a WR in the draft.

ETA: This has been a car crash of an off season from the Niners. They had 3 main tasks - trade Jimmy G, extend Deebo and extend Bosa. Safe to say it's not going well. How they ended up here is utterly ridiculous.

EATA: The NIners low balled Kittle on his new deal and his agent was raging. Quite possible the Niners did the same with Deebo and pissed him off.

the problem all stems from the Trade Jimmy G not happening as they need the money tied up in him to pay the other 2. problem is no one is going to trade for Jimmy until they get to see him throw after his surgery. Niners need to hope there is a run on QB's early in the draft with someone missing out. panicking then making a run at Jimmy (although Mayfield may go first)

Personally I would prefer Jimmy G over all of the draft guys and maybe Baker but you need to see that shoulder work.

I don't think SF would be short of partners if they did want to dispense with Samuel. NYJ, GB, Detroit all supposedly looking for WR talent. I wouldn't be trading him to the Packers unless their offer is completely untouchable, but NYJ has a ton of draft picks to throw around, and it would get him out of the NFC. If I wanted to be cruel I'd send him to Detroit.

I think Mayfield will be moved immediately before or during the draft. The clock tends to sharpen minds and get things over the line. The Browns could be up shit creek if Watson ends up having to sit out the season, but they've bumbled on before with back-up QB's and I can't see Mayfield suiting up for them again.