Free Agency 2022

lichtie23

Mayfield to Seattle, Matt Ryan to play out his career in Cleveland, Jimmy G to Indi.

Cowboys have released La'el Collins as expected. Chargers should be all over that because they have the money to sign him and it's the last huge hole on the roster. Signing a legit RT free agent would genuinely let them go BPA in the draft, though there are still a couple of question marks at less significant positions. I'm still hoping they bring back Oday Aboushi, and they need to find a starting ILB somewhere. TE is a bit of a mess as well.

Why does the Titans Free Agency feel like a Dundee transfer window?
Just sign someone ffs!
I know that sometimes it might feel that way, but FA has just started and there are still a lot of players who will be cut. Maybe your front office have specific roles they want to fill, so are waiting to see what happens and who's available.

Remember every player that signs for a team affects their available cap space so later on when budgets are tighter competition might be less fierce. Especially if they are looking to sign players with potential on short term "prove it" deals.

Just wait and see what the front office do in FA and draft before judging.

On 16/03/2022 at 08:36, Brummie Clyde said:
On 16/03/2022 at 08:31, Slacker said:
So are the Dolphins. If Armstead stays with the Saints I think we’ll move for La’el Collins. 

Seems like Patriots are after Collins and may even trade for him.

Bengals look the favourites now.

Seems a bit bizarre that the Dolphins, with all their cap space, didn’t do a trade for Collins and instead risked someone else getting him. 

Edited by Slacker

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Why does the Titans Free Agency feel like a Dundee transfer window?

Just sign someone ffs!

Titans don't have any room. Your remaining cap space is pretty much what you are going to need to sign your rookie class, so unless they start cutting or restructuring players already on the roster I wouldn't expect any big news signings.

Adams -> Raiders more good news for the AFC West. 

I wouldn't expect him to produce quite as much as he did in GB with Rodgers, but anything that makes life more difficult for KC is good news for everyone else. I can see that division being a dogfight of 10-11 win teams this year. Not because they're all mediocre, but because they might finally start taking games off each other instead of handing KC 5 easy wins straight off the bat.