Free Agency 2022

lichtie23

I'm not really sure NO would make much sense for Watson. They are in a cap mess, won't have the picks to restock, and although they were competitive last year it's not exactly a stacked roster just waiting for a QB to take them over the hump. In most respects it looks a lot like the shitty situation in Houston that Watson has been trying to get away from the past few years. Carolina seems to be a better bet. I wouldn't be at all concerned about Darnold because it's become more than apparent over the past four years that he is no threat at all to an established NFL starter. Cleveland I think would be too toxic as Watson would, rightly or otherwise, forever be viewed as the thing that pushed Baker Mayfield out the door, and regardless of whether or not Watson is a defacto upgrade a lot of the fanbase just will not look on that in a pragmatic manner, and I suspect there will be a lot of poison in Cleveland and many Browns fans outright hoping Watson tanks. f**k that for a game of soldiers. If I'm DW I'm doing everything I can to end up a Panther.

I think Watson will fancy the Saints the most, as he will see that they're generally successful and the Panthers will be the least appealing, as their roster isn't particularly great tbh.

Do agree that Browns fans will generally dislike him, as they have a real bond with Baker, even though they're a good QB away from competing.

Austin Hooper being released.

I agree the Saints are more appealing in terms of being competitive right now, but I think things are going to get worse there over the next few years rather than better, whereas Carolina has a chance to be competitive 2-3 years from now once Brady is out of the way for good. 

52 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Have no idea how the Saints always seem to get away with their dodgy cap dealings.

Usually by shoving things down the road. I know that last season they were carrying something like 33million in dead money. Partly down to Brees' retiral, but you do have to take these things into consideration when you are dishing out money to aged players. They were still paying Janoris Jenkins, and he's just been cut by the Titans :lol:

The funny one is this new Rodgers contract. If he decides to jack it in after 2023 then GB will have to eat something like 63million in dead money, they've shoved so much of that contract down the road :bag 

I agree the Saints are more appealing in terms of being competitive right now, but I think things are going to get worse there over the next few years rather than better, whereas Carolina has a chance to be competitive 2-3 years from now once Brady is out of the way for good. 
Usually by shoving things down the road. I know that last season they were carrying something like 33million in dead money. Partly down to Brees' retiral, but you do have to take these things into consideration when you are dishing out money to aged players. They were still paying Janoris Jenkins, and he's just been cut by the Titans [emoji38]
The funny one is this new Rodgers contract. If he decides to jack it in after 2023 then GB will have to eat something like 63million in dead money, they've shoved so much of that contract down the road :bag 
Did see that, Rodgers retiring soon would be better than Christmas for the rest of the North.

46 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Commies releasing Ereck Flowers and Ioannidis

WTF is going on.  Letting the Greek and Tim Settle go same offseason.  Flowers has been our best OL player in 2 of the last 3 seasons.  In the other season he wasn't on the Roster.

In other news, better news...

Seattle add C Austin Blythe and talking to the "heaviest man in the NFL" OT Trent Brow. Good to see we are getting the line sorted to protect Rus...oh wait!