St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian 26/2/22

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Some really angry tear stained saintees today.

Is there? Cheers for the heads up. I'll head over to the Ross County vs St Johnstone thread and have a look. Might cheer me up a bit.

9 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

League titles won in Paisley

Hearts - 2

St Mirren - 0

League titles lost in Dundee due to Edinburgh loser shitebaggery.......................;)

Edited by FTOF

3 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Why were the St Mirren fans booing Beni Baningime?

It was because he went down like he’d suffered two broken legs before a miracle recovery saw him rise Lazarus-like in about a minute.

In case you think this is salty tears, it really isn’t. I thought Greive threw himself to the floor a few times looking for free kicks he was never getting.

4 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

We’d honestly have been better bringing McCarthy on and chucking Shaughnessy up front than bringing main on.

Main came on when it was still 0-0 though, and Robinson was reacting to Hearts triple substitution. Clearly, we needed fresh legs, and to try and escape with a 0-0. I’m pretty sure we conceded mere minutes after Main came on. It wasn’t Main’s fault. I’m sure his remit would have simply been to replace Greive and provide some sort of outlet / target. Harsh, in my view, to suggest Shaughnessy up front would have been a better bet, considering why he was chucked in. Don’t get me wrong, had we already been 1-0 down, I agree, in trying to get an equaliser, Shaughnessy probably would have had more chance of grabbing it than Main.

3 hours ago, houston_bud said:

On another day we'd have maybe got 2 penalties. The first one was the other end from me so couldn't say for sure, the hand ball at the end looked a stone waller. 

Other way around would make more sense, though I still wouldn't entirely agree. I've certainly seen pens given for incidents like the first one, and thought we were maybe a bit lucky to get away with that (though, equally, it was by no means a stonewaller, with your man cutting across and already falling down before the defender went near him).

But the 'handball' shout was never a penalty in any football ground in the world (with the possible exceptions of Ibrox and Parkhead, for one of the Old Firm when they're trailing late on). I can see why fans would shout for it at the game - fans shout for everything - but anyone who saw it later on, on telly, and still thought it was penalty would be having a laugh.

We are all biased towards our team and like to vent our frustration when we think we've been hard done to by the referee when several decisions seem to go against us. 

Robinson made several claims after the game about the big decisions in the match going against him. He was understandably frustrated but he was also wrong on every claim he made.

The red card was justified for the knee high tackle on Beningame. It was not a penalty when Woodburn tried to dribble out the box and the St Mirren player impeded him and fell over. Alnwick lied about having the ball in his hands for the second goal. He looked up when he lost the ball then tried to feign injury to cover his blunder after he watched Devlin score a perfectly good goal. 

There were a couple handball in the box claims at either end but neither was a penalty.

The St Mirren player Fraser will be lucky if he escapes a retrospective ban for the dangerous challenge on Mackay-Steven.

St Mirren were not badly treated today. 

The cup tie will be a different game and either side can win on the night. Hopefully it will be decided by fair refereeing just like today.

48 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It was because he went down like he’d suffered two broken legs before a miracle recovery saw him rise Lazarus-like in about a minute.

In case you think this is salty tears, it really isn’t. I thought Greive threw himself to the floor a few times looking for free kicks he was never getting.

He was caught on the knee by the St Mirren player’s studs.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Without the benefit of TV replays, they thought he'd made the most of Ronan's challenge.

I’ve booed officials’ decisions, and opposition players when I’ve thought they have been guilty of simulation, but that one on Beni was about as obvious as you will ever see anywhere. 

19 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I’ve booed officials’ decisions, and opposition players when I’ve thought they have been guilty of simulation, but that one on Beni was about as obvious as you will ever see anywhere. 

The problem is you can see it from a different angle and not realise how bad it is in real time. 

We had one with Tait that happened right in front of me and the linesman a few weeks back which looked nothing and everyone felt the Motherwell player was over reacting. From behind however it was a really bad one.

No complaints with the red card. Killed the game from our point of view, bit felt we were unlucky with the penalty. 

21 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

To be fair, as mentioned above, with the benefit of TV, the tackle on Greive was a stonewall penalty.