St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian 26/2/22

Robinson's first game in charge will be a warm up for the one that really matters, the Scottish Cup Quarter final, which will be 14 days afterwards. One of the leagues form sides host one of the leagues out of form sides here.  We have 14 points from our last six games - only Celtic have more in that period. Hearts have four points and are without a win in five games. Home banker, surely? 

Probably not, only Hearts and Rangers have beaten us twice this season, and this is not a relegation decider or a cup final. Hearts tend to have the edge in the relatively meaningless games between the sides, while we win the important ones. Tanser in for Tait should be the only change, you'd imagine Robbo's not going to rip up the system and he will stick with what's been working. 

Alnwick

Fraser-Dunne-Shaughnessy-Tanser

Gogic-Power

Jones-Kiltie-Ronan

Greive

Does anyone remember the last time we won a Saturday 3pm league fixture infront of fans in Paisley? The 19th of October 2019, Obika scored an overhead kick. Be nice to break that quirk, but don't think so.

1-1.

Edited by Lex

Robinson's first game in charge will be a warm up for the one that really matters, the Scottish Cup Quarter final, which will be 14 days afterwards. One of the leagues form sides host one of the leagues out of form sides here.  We have 14 points from our last six games - only Celtic have more in that period. Hearts have four points and are without a win in five games. Home banker, surely? 
Probably not, only Hearts and Rangers have beaten us twice this season, and this is not a relegation decider or a cup final. Hearts tend to have the edge in the relatively meaningless games between the sides, while we win the important ones. Tanser in for Tait should be the only change, you'd imagine Robbo's not going to rip up the system and he will stick with what's been working. 
Alnwick
Gogic-Power
Jones-Kiltie-Ronan
Greive
Does anyone remember the last time we won a Saturday 3pm league fixture infront of fans in Paisley? The 19th of October 2019, Obika scored an overhead kick. Be nice to break that quirk, but don't think so.
1-1.
How many league Saturday 3pm kick offs have we had in front of fans since then? Is it 5 this season?

23 minutes ago, Mordecai said:
1 hour ago, Lex said:
Alnwick
Gogic-Power
Jones-Kiltie-Ronan
Greive
1-1.

How many league Saturday 3pm kick offs have we had in front of fans since then? Is it 5 this season?

Yep hardly any, just a weird fixture/covid quirk that caught my eye. Think this is our first league Saturday 3pm home game since the 20th November.

Robson's first game has had almost a week with the squad I don't expect things to change much team wise. Robson sounds like a good man manager these are the types who get extra out the players.  Hearts bad run can't keep going so you wonder what Hearts will turn up. Though for me it's what Saints do we have a decent team I'm going for a tight home win. 

Just now, Ric said:

Good level of opposition which should give Robinson an idea of where his squad is at. The fans already know but he'll still be learning.

Could we win?

giphy.gif

Surely surely surely he'll see from the upturn in form the change of shape in the team, he won't mess about with a successful formula? Can see 1 or 2 changes, possibly, but he can't go to a back 3.....? 

32 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Robson's first game has had almost a week with the squad I don't expect things to change much team wise. Robson sounds like a good man manager these

Less image.png.fba45489a63dec44db4459063d9bfefc.png

Moreimage.png.314fec925acdbc5719e13a3fe40f95b0.png

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Surely surely surely he'll see from the upturn in form the change of shape in the team, he won't mess about with a successful formula? Can see 1 or 2 changes, possibly, but he can't go to a back 3.....? 

It would be a bold move to change an unbeaten side in your debut match.

I’m fond of predicting 1-1 results in about 95% of Scottish top flight fixtures these days, so will stick with 1-1 here. It’s my default position, my Goodwin ‘3-5-2’ if you like. Like that, I might be forced into changing it, but unlike Jim’s 3-5-2, it’s been serving me well on Bet365 this season.

I will make a bold prediction though. If the North Bank (will always be the North Bank to me) don’t come out with ‘Oh Stevie, Stevie, Stevie-Stevie-Stevie-Stevie Rob-in-sunnn’…. I will be shocked and stunned in equal measure. Unless Zingaliman sings, then we’re in for a day of ‘There’s only one Stevie Robson, one Stevie Robbb-sunn’.

Easy the Mirren, 1-1 going on 3-1. Send Naismith home to think again. 😛

Very quiet in here today...  

Saints in fine form recently, wirh a new manager in and playing at home.  

Hearts needing the points to cement third.  Not on the wind up here, but I've just had a look at Heart's February results so far. Pumped by SEVECO (seem to remember the scoreline wasn't reflective of the game and I'm sure I can guess which way the big decisions went), losses to the Saintees and Dundee and draws with Hibs and Livingstone. Overall that's a pretty honking series of results. 

Yet still 10 points or so clear in third... 

More out of hope than expectation I'll say home win, 2-1 Grieve and Brophy for the Buds. 

We've been absolutely shite for weeks and St Mirren have been very good for weeks. St Mirren are at home and may have the new manager bounce, i'm not looking forward to it. Outside the top two teams there's not much between any of the rest, which is a bit of a cliche but seems true this season. We have a decent team ability wise but their bottle worries me. 1-0 or 1-1 or 0-1, not much in it. 

2 hours ago, Austin McCann said:

We've been absolutely shite for weeks and St Mirren have been very good for weeks. St Mirren are at home and may have the new manager bounce, i'm not looking forward to it. Outside the top two teams there's not much between any of the rest, which is a bit of a cliche but seems true this season. We have a decent team ability wise but their bottle worries me. 1-0 or 1-1 or 0-1, not much in it. 

St Mirren defeat guaranteed - especially as I'm going for once.

2 hours ago, Austin McCann said:

I don't think we've been "very good". We have however been hard to beat. 

Our move to a back four has made all the difference. In particular, it's made us better at defending a lead. 

We're not creating a huge number of chances, but when we do get a chance we seem to be taking them.

Should be an interesting tussle, as you've got some very good players.