Energy Prices

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

So it looks like LT is ready to announce tomorrow that the Price Cap will be limited to £2,500

The devil, of course, will be in the detail, but I would imagine that means unit prices of around 11p per kWh for gas, and 42p for electricity.

If it is £2500 then I'll still be making major changes to how we heat our home in the winter because on principle I'm not paying any energy company that amount. The days of just chucking on the heating without thinking about it are probably over.

Mind you, in terms of climate change this is probably something I've needed to do for some time.

20 hours ago, Aufc said:

I am sure Liz Truss has indicated she wont be introducing windfall taxes. 

Stunned that an ex Shell employee thinks that windfall taxes on the O & G sector is a bad thing. 

11 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

What a time to be alive.

image.thumb.png.68c27acc2e773b76bc96c02cfa5ad03b.png

Better get used to it. The days of frivolous gas usage are on the way out due to climate change / dwindling fossil fuels. This is just conveniently speeding along the process.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That article is from Switzerland.

Didn’t see anyone suggest it was from the UK.

it’s not a stretch to think that could become the case here though, if things get a bit desperate in the depths of winter.

12 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

What a time to be alive.

image.thumb.png.68c27acc2e773b76bc96c02cfa5ad03b.png

You can get fined for putting on your washing machine after 9pm in Switzerland so it's not that extreme for them.

I reckon the P&B masses should all turn their kettles and washing machines on simultaneously at a pre-organised time every day for a week, just to see if it messes with a confused power board wondering what's so f***ing special about some shite TV programme's advert slot.

That's Shell Energy upp-ed my direct debit again without asking and now I can't reset it to what it was before.

I've emailed them to request a reset and told them I will cancel my direct debit if they don't stop doing this.

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Does your bill not have meter readings on it?

Yeah it all adds up it just seems much lower than I thought. I was expecting it to be about double what it was.

3 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
11 minutes ago, throbber said:
Yeah it all adds up it just seems much lower than I thought. I was expecting it to be about double what it was.

Have you not recently moved into a new build?

Yeah - the bill was from may - mid September.