Energy Prices

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Lot of talk about dishwashers here, but when you Google it, you get tons of articles saying that using a dishwasher is more energy efficient than handwashing

A dishwasher will use, typically, 1.5 kWh per cycle. At 28p per unit, that's 42p, at 51p per unit its 76.5p

Running a 24kW combi boiler for 10 minutes to fill a sink would use 4kWh of gas. At 3p per unit it's a no brainer at 12p, at 7p it was 28p, from October it will be 64p.

There is definitely less of a difference under the new price cap.

A dishwasher will use, typically, 1.5 kWh per cycle. At 28p per unit, that's 42p, at 51p per unit its 76.5p
Running a 24kW combi boiler for 10 minutes to fill a sink would use 4kWh of gas. At 3p per unit it's a no brainer at 12p, at 7p it was 28p, from October it will be 64p.
Are you washing your dishes in a bath! Hot water tap is on for a minute at most when I'm filling the sink

3 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Are you washing your dishes in a bath! Hot water tap is on for a minute at most when I'm filling the sink

Aye good point 😂😂

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Thank you sorting out the energy crisis Boris.

How come "money saving expert" Martin Lewis has never though of this genius idea?

Ken what would save more energy?

Someone throwing that used wanksock off a cliff and save us ever turning on the b*****d tv to see his smug fat blond kuntish puss ever again.

Did I say I hated the b*****ding tories?

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

How come "money saving expert" Martin Lewis has never though of this genius idea?

Martin Lewis is on a jet pack, hovering 150 feet above a school of sharks, watching Boris sail into the stratosphere above him. 

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Lot of talk about dishwashers here, but when you Google it, you get tons of articles saying that using a dishwasher is more energy efficient than handwashing

Mine uses 0.7 kWh per cycle.

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yeah I was going to post the same thing. My water takes about 20 seconds to heat up enough and then  less than a minute to fill the basin. Good quality washing up liquid is needed though to stop it all going flat after 3 plates and we put tin foil over all trays to prevent them needing a deep clean.

TBH dishwashers sound a lot more efficient than I expected them to be. Ours broke 18 years ago and we never bothered fixing it so maybe newer models are much more efficient.

On 29/08/2022 at 11:31, Dawson Park Boy said:

What’s Brexit got to do with this?

Surely most of the blame should be levelled on to EU countries who put their faith in Russia for gas and all the green nonsense.

Undoubtedly the war in Ukraine and the western worlds response to it has caused the worst of inflation.  Who you want to blame and how far back you go is purely down to who you want to see as the bad guys in all of this.

However, to think that Brexit isn't a factor is just bizarre.  Long term it may or may not be a good thing, short term and the current climate, it has not been positive.

UK think tank (yes I know) reckons 6% inflation on food prices is directly attributable to Brexit.

I'm being completely serious when I say that this c**t is now deliberately trolling the public. I can guarantee after he finished his utter drivel and was off camera he was pissing himself laughing

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:
6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm being completely serious when I say that this c**t is now deliberately trolling the public. I can guarantee after he finished his utter drivel and was off camera he was pissing himself laughing

Yeah, shame he didn't snuff it from his made up Covid. 

7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That’s him basically saying a massive GIRFUY to us all 

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

The future?

Reading one report on this, it says that everyone affected by this opted into a scheme where the company could over-ride the thermostat, in return for rebates on their accounts. So just another case of people voting for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party

5 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Reading one report on this, it says that everyone affected by this opted into a scheme where the company could over-ride the thermostat, in return for rebates on their accounts. So just another case of people voting for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party

They will have opted in by clicking a 10 thousand word terms and conditions box no one ever reads.