Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

What did H_B get banned for anyway? I can't remember any of his posts.

Supras, of course, was banned for obsessive stanning of Mario Balotelli. Everyone must feel a bit stupid now, considering the glittering career he went on to have.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

What did H_B get banned for anyway? I can't remember any of his posts.

Supras, of course, was banned for obsessive stanning of Mario Balotelli. Everyone must feel a bit stupid now, considering the glittering career he went on to have.

Supras was banned for following Dee Man about the forum calling him a rape apologist regarding the Ched Evans case.

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Supras was banned for following Dee Man about the forum calling him a rape apologist regarding the Ched Evans case.

Aye, I was kidding.

Such a shame he was never seen again, considering how many posters just open a new account regardless.

On 22/10/2022 at 18:07, Detournement said:

I know it's probably difficult to talk about something where you aren't parroting what you have read from Reddit Generals but this isn't complicated.

The total number of flights this year has been reduced by cancelling 10-15% of flights this summer on the day of departure.

Absolutely none of the problems aviation faced this summer was anything to do with a SPECTRE-style plot. 😭

23 hours ago, Detournement said:

The Great Reset is ordinary people having less access to food, energy, transport, home ownership and generally just having less disposable income. What is being reset is the quantity of goods and services individuals can buy with their income. 

Schwab described what has happened in airports around the world this summer in his book from 2020.

20221022_171918.thumb.jpg.92f7f681228327d4163213425442bc19.jpg

Not my photo or fingernails. 

I'm no fan of characters like Schwab or the WEF, but what is said there is a pretty factual representation of the circumstances at the time. Essentially all of the issues there have since been rolled back, with IATA forecasting a return to 2019 levels of traffic by 2024. Why would this be happening if the bogeyman had their tentacles into everything from the shadows? Also, Schwab is now an 84-year-old man who will be dead before long.

I've flown multiple times this year, and not had any real difference to my experience compared to pre-pandemic. Will be booking another city break with the missus in the next couple of weeks for early in the new year. Already looking forward to the pre-flight pint, tbh.

Hopefully SPECTRE won't cancel it!

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Another 8.2bn pounds of profit announced for Shell, this QUARTER.

No need for a windfall tax tho. We all pay instead.

Down from 9 billion +. Poor wee souls.

Another 8.2bn pounds of profit announced for Shell, this QUARTER.

No need for a windfall tax tho. We all pay instead.
The way the media are framing today's figures is utterly pathetic too. "Out performing", "better than expected", "ahead of market expectations"...as if these figures are something we should be rejoicing at.

Bought one of those heater airers from Lakeland, the one that comes with the wee tent thing you chuck over it, as it seemingly costs pennies to run.

One of the biggest wastes of money I've ever spent. It's fucking useless. First time I tried it I had it on for 8 hours and only the bits of clothing that were in physical contact with it were dry, with the rest of the stuff being just as wet as when they came out of the washing machine (and I always do a spin/rinse cycle after each load of washing). 

Tried it again but this time with a (also pricey) dehumidifier inside the wee tent bit. Not a single bit of difference and the dehumidifier was bone fucking dry after 8 hours.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Bought one of those heater airers from Lakeland, the one that comes with the wee tent thing you chuck over it, as it seemingly costs pennies to run.

One of the biggest wastes of money I've ever spent. It's fucking useless. First time I tried it I had it on for 8 hours and only the bits of clothing that were in physical contact with it were dry, with the rest of the stuff being just as wet as when they came out of the washing machine (and I always do a spin/rinse cycle after each load of washing). 

Tried it again but this time with a (also pricey) dehumidifier inside the wee tent bit. Not a single bit of difference and the dehumidifier was bone fucking dry after 8 hours.

I've got the JML dri buddy and it's the fucking kitty's tittys.  Can dry a pair of wet chainsaw cutting trousers in just over an hour and a half roughly

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You need to lie stuff over the rails not hang them on it. Should work OK but you don't get as much in right enough.

37 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

You need to lie stuff over the rails not hang them on it. Should work OK but you don't get as much in right enough.

I had considered that but then I'd barely get anything on the fucker! Would take just as long to dry everything given I'd have to do it in batches and the wet stuff would have to be hung up elsewhere whilst waiting its turn.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

I had considered that but then I'd barely get anything on the fucker! Would take just as long to dry everything given I'd have to do it in batches and the wet stuff would have to be hung up elsewhere whilst waiting its turn.

I usually just launch the rest on top of it.

4 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

I've got the JML dri buddy and it's the fucking kitty's tittys.  Can dry a pair of wet chainsaw cutting trousers in just over an hour and a half roughly

Had one of them before we got a tumble  drier, they do work very well. Pretty sure it’s still sat in my loft. 

48 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bought a dehumidifier and it definitely makes a difference. One load of washing and the tray fills up a couple of times.

If you use a dehumidifier it will do this regardless of drying clothes indoors.  I have had one in my house for years and it can collect about 5 ltr of water in a few hours.

3 hours ago, strichener said:

If you use a dehumidifier it will do this regardless of drying clothes indoors.  I have had one in my house for years and it can collect about 5 ltr of water in a few hours.

Yes sorry what I meant was that the clothes definitely dry quicker with it on. Tested it with and without and it made a difference, particularly in terms of not having that damp clothes smell.

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Why TF is the price of diesel going back up? Mid September it was down to around £171.9/litre now its back to £184.9.

I would need to check but I'm guessing because oil bounced and the pound dipped?