Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

1 hour ago, HEY_SIDNEY said:

The screen shot you took was what your prices were and what they will be -  i have misconstrued what you were meaning, Apologies.

They were my current electricity and gas tariffs mate. Not sure of the new one.

A sore one for my 91 year old dad after I submitted his meter readings for the first time in a while. 
He’s frail and really feels the cold so he has his heating on high even in the summer.  The house feels like an oven no matter what time of day / year I visit him. 
4EADB433-82DA-4EEE-BBF4-8B42F49E04A9.jpeg.7d84db67d41c369ae0f2e2cd9ab8a9cd.jpeg
Tell him not to pay it. He's 91, what are they gonna do?

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:
A sore one for my 91 year old dad after I submitted his meter readings for the first time in a while. 
He’s frail and really feels the cold so he has his heating on high even in the summer.  The house feels like an oven no matter what time of day / year I visit him. 

You’ve got to wonder what they would do but if he lost his house he’d have to stay with me so I’m taking no chances 🤣

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

4EADB433-82DA-4EEE-BBF4-8B42F49E04A9.jpeg

I've been expecting something similar from my mum, as she's somehow been paying £60 a month for gas and electric in total, and her place is always absolutely sweltering. She said something about how she'll have saved money this year as she kept the heating off until the end of August  :blink:

She might be moving in with us soon as she's not been keeping well, so I can see me sat up in front of the thermostat with a shotgun all night, like Oaksoft.

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
24 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

They’ll send threatening letters, which will progress to letters promising to apply for a court warrant to gain entry to forcibly install a prepayment meter, which will eventually be granted, and they’ll turn up and try and force entry to install said meter. 

If they know he’s vulnerable then they really shouldn’t do it, but it just takes one department not to speak to another for it to happen.

I’d get on the phone to them and negotiate - even agree a Direct Debit for the old amount plus maybe a wee bit more. It’s more than likely a debt will accrue but there’s energy schemes/grants etc out there which can reduce or even wipe the debt down the line.

I've been expecting something similar from my mum, as she's somehow been paying £60 a month for gas and electric in total, and her place is always absolutely sweltering. She said something about how she'll have saved money this year as she kept the heating off until the end of August  :blink:
She might be moving in with us soon as she's not been keeping well, so I can see me sat up in front of the thermostat with a shotgun all night, like Oaksoft.
^^^
62dc2a294b51da6af5b985dd899fcfe4.jpg

50 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

They’ll send threatening letters, which will progress to letters promising to apply for a court warrant to gain entry to forcibly install a prepayment meter, which will eventually be granted, and they’ll turn up and try and force entry to install said meter. 

If they know he’s vulnerable then they really shouldn’t do it, but it just takes one department not to speak to another for it to happen.

I’d get on the phone to them and negotiate - even agree a Direct Debit for the old amount plus maybe a wee bit more. It’s more than likely a debt will accrue but there’s energy schemes/grants etc out there which can reduce or even wipe the debt down the line.

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this but my dad would see any help he gets as taking money away from people that really need it.  Little does he know that most of those at the top take every penny their entitled to - even though they don’t need it!

13 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

4EADB433-82DA-4EEE-BBF4-8B42F49E04A9.jpeg

If you don't mind me asking have you asked them to justify these charges? If he is currently splitting his estimated usage costs evenly throughout the year then the only rise he should see would be to take into account the October increase which would take it up to roughly £200 a month give or take. If he is doing the summer/winter different sized payments thing then it is more likely to be correct.

Edited by bobbykdy

8 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

If you don't mind me asking have you asked them to justify these charges? If he is currently splitting his estimated usage costs evenly throughout the year then the only rise he should see would be to take into account the October increase which would take it up to roughly £200 a month give or take. If he is doing the summer/winter different sized payments thing then it is more likely to be correct.

Unless he was underpaying considerably.

Received the dreaded email from SEE

Electric
Standing charge 49.73 now 50.75
Day energy (per kwh) 30.70 now 39.36
Night energy (per kwh) 20.18 now 19.34

Increase on the year of £104.01

Gas
Standing charge up from 27.22 to 28.48
Unit rate (per kwh) up from 7.33 to 10.27

Increase on the year of £412.12

They are raising my monthly direct debit by £66 per month which is exactly the same amount as I'll be getting back from them through the government scheme.

Submitted my meter readings last night prior to the change in price and found I'm £100 in credit for electric and £450 in credit for gas. Last meter reading was given just before last price increase. Heating was put on for an hour last night for the first time since May

2 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

Received the dreaded email from SEE

Electric
Standing charge 49.73 now 50.75
Day energy (per kwh) 30.70 now 39.36
Night energy (per kwh) 20.18 now 19.34

Increase on the year of £104.01

Gas
Standing charge up from 27.22 to 28.48
Unit rate (per kwh) up from 7.33 to 10.27

Increase on the year of £412.12

They are raising my monthly direct debit by £66 per month which is exactly the same amount as I'll be getting back from them through the government scheme.

Submitted my meter readings last night prior to the change in price and found I'm £100 in credit for electric and £450 in credit for gas. Last meter reading was given just before last price increase. Heating was put on for an hour last night for the first time since May

Are you being switched from SSE to OVO as well? I got that email from SSE but it's not very clear how the account switch is affecting things.

4 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
8 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
Are you being switched from SSE to OVO as well? I got that email from SSE but it's not very clear how the account switch is affecting things.

Staying with SSE as far as I'm aware. OVO is just the parent company and has been for some time

Hmm. I got an email a while ago saying I was being switched to OVO and my direct debits were being combined into one. They only got around to actually doing that this week.

Hmm. I got an email a while ago saying I was being switched to OVO and my direct debits were being combined into one. They only got around to actually doing that this week.
Don't think I've received anything like that although tbh I've only started paying any attention to letters/emails from SSE since this shit show started

SSE are migrating all their customers from their retail platforms to OVO in a staged process.
You will receive notification when this is happening.
OVO and SSE prices were (when fixed tariffs were available) relatively the same.

The direct debit for OVO is taken as one payment as an energy direct debit rather than 2 separate that SSE used to do - 1 elec  /  1 gas.

Migration process takes around 21 days (similar to a change of supply process). Confirmation is usually sent when the account at the OVO side is set up and activated,

@MuckleMoo @Miguel Sanchez

SSE are migrating all their customers from their retail platforms to OVO in a staged process.
You will receive notification when this is happening.
OVO and SSE prices were (when fixed tariffs were available) relatively the same.

The direct debit for OVO is taken as one payment as an energy direct debit rather than 2 separate that SSE used to do - 1 elec  /  1 gas.

Migration process takes around 21 days (similar to a change of supply process). Confirmation is usually sent when the account at the OVO side is set up and activated,

[mention=36861]MuckleMoo[/mention] [mention=17467]Miguel Sanchez[/mention]
Cheers [emoji106][emoji106]

10 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

That’s a good point you’ve made.  I think he does the DD based on anticipated yearly cost divided by 12 though.  I THINK the problem may be that he has not submitted a reading for some considerable time.  The fact he has had the heating in all spring and summer probably has never been taken into account and his DD should have gone up some time ago.

I’m off on holiday next week so I think I will take your advice and call EDF.  Not how I really want to spend my days off but he would have done anything for me when he was able.  Least I can do for him.