Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

So it looks like LT is ready to announce tomorrow that the Price Cap will be limited to £2,500
The devil, of course, will be in the detail, but I would imagine that means unit prices of around 11p per kWh for gas, and 42p for electricity.
Is this across the board or just for domestic users?

9 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:
So it looks like LT is ready to announce tomorrow that the Price Cap will be limited to £2,500
The devil, of course, will be in the detail, but I would imagine that means unit prices of around 11p per kWh for gas, and 42p for electricity.

Is this across the board or just for domestic users?

Pass, sorry

29 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
36 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Pass, sorry

Just had a look online but can't see anything which is a bit scary

Something will have to be done for businesses or it’s game over for a lot of them.  Can’t see the Tories overseeing the destruction of small business in the UK.  Very un-Tory.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Something will have to be done for businesses or it’s game over for a lot of them.  Can’t see the Tories overseeing the destruction of small business in the UK.  Very un-Tory.

They would find a way to blame Corbyn for the loss of any small business.

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I read that around £30b (on top of the £100b for domestic users) is going to be used to support businesses, but no further details.

The £2,500 is being used because it is essentially the current cap plus the £400 relief that was originally intended to offset October's projected cap. That relief was planned to last 6 months, though, so I wonder if it will remain at £2,500 come April, drop to £2,100, or something else.

Edited by Todd_is_God

20 hours ago, Aufc said:

I am sure Liz Truss has indicated she wont be introducing windfall taxes. 

Stunned that an ex Shell employee thinks that windfall taxes on the O & G sector is a bad thing. 

11 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

What a time to be alive.

image.thumb.png.68c27acc2e773b76bc96c02cfa5ad03b.png

Better get used to it. The days of frivolous gas usage are on the way out due to climate change / dwindling fossil fuels. This is just conveniently speeding along the process.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

I reckon the P&B masses should all turn their kettles and washing machines on simultaneously at a pre-organised time every day for a week, just to see if it messes with a confused power board wondering what's so f***ing special about some shite TV programme's advert slot.