Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

On 29/08/2022 at 11:31, Dawson Park Boy said:

What’s Brexit got to do with this?

Surely most of the blame should be levelled on to EU countries who put their faith in Russia for gas and all the green nonsense.

Undoubtedly the war in Ukraine and the western worlds response to it has caused the worst of inflation.  Who you want to blame and how far back you go is purely down to who you want to see as the bad guys in all of this.

However, to think that Brexit isn't a factor is just bizarre.  Long term it may or may not be a good thing, short term and the current climate, it has not been positive.

UK think tank (yes I know) reckons 6% inflation on food prices is directly attributable to Brexit.

Thank you sorting out the energy crisis Boris.
How come "money saving expert" Martin Lewis has never though of this genius idea?

I'm being completely serious when I say that this c**t is now deliberately trolling the public. I can guarantee after he finished his utter drivel and was off camera he was pissing himself laughing

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:
6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
How come "money saving expert" Martin Lewis has never though of this genius idea?

I'm being completely serious when I say that this c**t is now deliberately trolling the public. I can guarantee after he finished his utter drivel and was off camera he was pissing himself laughing

Yeah, shame he didn't snuff it from his made up Covid. 

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

The future?

Reading one report on this, it says that everyone affected by this opted into a scheme where the company could over-ride the thermostat, in return for rebates on their accounts. So just another case of people voting for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party

5 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Reading one report on this, it says that everyone affected by this opted into a scheme where the company could over-ride the thermostat, in return for rebates on their accounts. So just another case of people voting for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party

They will have opted in by clicking a 10 thousand word terms and conditions box no one ever reads. 

2 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

If I was American, I'd just shoot the thermostat. Problem solved. 

Nah, over penetration is the problem with that. The average Joe has a 9mm, and the hottest rounds he could find at Bubba Bait Shop and Ammo Store. You’ll ace the thermostat, ice the flat screen to on the wall in the next room, nick the dog and/or the kid and probably go out the wall and into the neighbours house. The neighbour that just might loose a few rounds back!

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

People agreed to sign up for this on a voluntary basis in exchange for certain other benefits.

There's literally no story here.

Yea, they’ve been promoting these plans with smart thermostats free and a discount on per kWh rates. People go for it until this happens!

18 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm so glad he stayed on for a few months to come up with that nugget of advice.

Totally agree.

Shame on anyone who voted to put him in power, and anyone who continues to vote for his party. The contempt on show there is beyond any doubt, and still folk defend the c**t

On 01/09/2022 at 16:32, oaksoft said:

People agreed to sign up for this on a voluntary basis in exchange for certain other benefits.

There's literally no story here.

$100 when you signed up and then $25 a year. Program is 6 years old and this is the first time it’s been used…however, participants were less than thrilled:

“Participating customers told KMGH-TV that they didn’t see an emergency reason for the shutdown.

“Even if it’s a once-in-a-blue-moon situation, it just doesn’t sit right with us to not be able to control our own thermostat in our house,” said Tony Talarcio.”

Lets see…agree we can control your thermostat in an emergency and we give you $100 now and $25 a year going forward…not very clear, eh Tony?

Edited by TxRover

Fully expect the G7 and the gormless EU to back the american-led price cap of Russian oil (which will lead to Russian oil not being sold to those countries) sending petrol prices sky-rocketing again.

The US, of course, importing just 8% of it's oil from Russia versus 29% in the EU, is absolutely not putting its own interests first again here...