Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

The country will fucking crumbled come January if nothing is done.

It certainly will if the "cancel your DD and just pay these b*****ds for what you use each month" lot convince people that that is the best idea. It's a terrible idea given that January's bill would be an absolutely nonsense amount that almost certainly would not be paid in full.

It would be much better if, as well as headline figures, the news advised people what the average user should be looking to set their DD to to clear the forecasted cost over the next 15 months.

Edited by Todd_is_God

57 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Now now, these gammony racists have been front and centre when it comes to filling the fruit-picking farm jobs that eastern europeans used to do in their tens of thousands. 

Oops, no they haven't. They've instead demanded these be filled by people on UC, schoolkids, literally anyone bar themselves, the selfish c***s. 

Heard a farmer on the radio complaining his labour cost have went up 20% these are the greedy fucks that voted for Brexit.

Said it before, but that pair of wanksocks looking to be PM are not giving one f**k about this stuff.

They keep talking about utter drivel -

• £400 to everyone, £650 if you are really skint - that wont touch the sides when power bills have gone up 100% in January......................
  • Tax cuts - 45% of the country dont pay tax, this headline grabber wont help old mary down the road on a state pension.

They both say they dont think windfall taxes are a good idea and "making a profit isnt a crime".

Well, no I think corporates are in business to make money, thats fine, but Shell (100% more) BP (200% more) have made shitloads extra this year - not by doing anything, just because "the market" has dictated that the price is up up up.

France has held gas prices at 2021 levels and guaranteed that electricity wont go up by more than 4% this year.......................now fairly obviously that is being underwritten by the govt, and will result in higher taxation, windfall taxes etc - but at least people wont die of the cold this winter, and business will be able to survive.

Fucking shambles

Tory thundercunts

Edited by Leith Green

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Just mucked around with my usage based on the last year with these new rates. I am on a contract until october 23 so hoping its sorted before them. 

I currently pay £230 a month (upped it to £280 a month just this month). Based on this, my average monthly cost wold jump to £710 a month. Thats a bit worrying!

These prices for the winter and beyond are utterly mind blowing. Millions of people, including myself, are simply going to be unable to pay. Worst case scenario for me will be going into arrears and paying it off through monthly direct debit. Those on top up meters will not have that option and are going to be without electric and gas for days on end.

If nothing is done I can honestly see mass demonstrations/civil unrest kicking off

11 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Absolutely fucking useless. 

If he's thinking of teasing out wee nuggets of policy like a dry hangover shite he might have lead with something a bit more impactful to what must amount to over half the fucking country moving into fuel poverty at the same time. 

p***k.

Someone above mentioned energy is going up 100%.

Just bear in mind it’s actually almost a 400% increase in the price cap in about 3/4 years.

My direct debit in August 2018 was £103.09 a month for gas and electric combined. It is currently £280 a month. They’ll likely ask for over £400 a month very soon. Absolutely wild stuff.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Someone above mentioned energy is going up 100%.

Just bear in mind it’s actually almost a 400% increase in the price cap in about 3/4 years. Absolutely wild stuff.

It’s not just energy costs that are going through the roof either 

Just simply existing is becoming too expensive for millions 

54 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Because energy generation isn't the biggest problem with renewables.

It's storage.

And we don't have enough of it.

So when the wind stops blowing we have to use alternatives.

you ok mate?

4 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

These prices for the winter and beyond are utterly mind blowing. Millions of people, including myself, are simply going to be unable to pay. Worst case scenario for me will be going into arrears and paying it off through monthly direct debit. Those on top up meters will not have that option and are going to be without electric and gas for days on end.

If nothing is done I can honestly see mass demonstrations/civil unrest kicking off

I think that might be for the best at this point. 30 years of neoliberal economics has wrecked the UK, and we all know when compared to France or Italy we do not make our voices heard frequently enough, or loudly enough. Large scale demonstrations and a concerted push-back against the blatant wealth transfer that is taking place might (possibly) be what is so desperately needed.

You're in the wrong sub-forum for this kind of childish post.
Take it to the politics forum. You'll find like-minded individuals in there.

I was more meaning because you seem to be in the huff with me [emoji23]

44 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Apparently, worth £46 per annum!!!

It may be a small amount to you but it is still 100% a tax on the poor.  Given the massive increases to standing charges, there is no justifiable reason why pre-payment meters are more expensive for the consumer.

Taken in the context of the upcoming increases, you have to wonder which planet the Labour policy makers are living.  People will be looking for help running into hundreds and in some cases thousands not piddly amounts like this.

If you are on UC and under 25 but living in your own house (for whatever reason).  You will be entitled to a payment of £265.31 per month and can expect a fuel bill around £3,400 per annum.  Do the sums and you get someone that can't afford broadband, food, council tax and still cannot pay their heating.

Edited by strichener

22 minutes ago, strichener said:

It may be a small amount to you but it is still 100% a tax on the poor.  Given the massive increases to standing charges, there is no justifiable reason why pre-payment meters are more expensive for the consumer.

Taken in the context of the upcoming increases, you have to wonder which planet the Labour policy makers are living.  People will be looking for help running into hundreds and in some cases thousands not piddly amounts like this.

If you are on UC and under 25 but living in your own house (for whatever reason).  You will be entitled to a payment of £265.31 per month and can expect a fuel bill around £3,400 per annum.  Do the sums and you get someone that can't afford broadband, food, council tax and still cannot pay their heating.

Be assured, I was not trying to be condescending. Any saving is good but I was merely trying to make the same point as yourself that, as, in the general scheme of things, it’s no big deal and I would have thought that Labour would have had something much more substantive in terms of policy initiative.

Labour can promise to personally pay every single household's bills. Labour could promise to install solar panels on every house for free. Labour could promise to erect windmills in every street to generate free power.

Doesn't matter. They aren't in power at the moment, and people need help now, not in two years when Labour might win a general election.