Energy Prices

MuckleMoo

16 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Average use. Some will use a lot less, some a lot more.

Can't find the bit where I mentioned people giving readings over 1000 units higher.

You spoke about saving £100. If you want to save £100 then, based on an increase of 8p per unit, that's 1,250 units.

Starting to think you haven't really put much thought into your money saving tip tbh

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You spoke about saving £100. If you want to save £100 then, based on an increase of 8p per unit, that's 1,250 units.

Starting to think you haven't really put much thought into your money saving tip tbh

I know folk who will have electric prices increasing by this much (or more) every month.

Sit down. Clown.

2 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I know folk who will have electric prices increasing by this much (or more) every month.

Sit down. Clown.

They could be going up by a grand a month for all it's relavant. They still wouldn't be saving anywhere near £100 with your slam dunk tip of banging a few hundred extra units through, champ.

Back fo Foundy maths for you, clown.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You are not going to save £100 by overstating your electricity reading by a couple of hundred quid.

And whoever does it risks getting fined or prosecuted for fraud.

Honestly, where do people get these fucking brainless ideas from?

Probably the FIRE thread

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I bet you he's confused the standing charge increase and the per unit charge increase. 🤣

Nah, more likely he's read this "tip" somewhere and put absolutely no thought into the workings of it whatsover.

"Beat the annual price increase by fraudulantly firing a few hundred extra units through in March and save around £25 on April's bill" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

16 minutes ago, Left Back said:

First time ever today It cost me over £100 to fill my car and a jerrycan.  Woman that works there told me to used to cost them £40k ish for a tanker of fuel.   Now it’s over £70k.

Christ I’m glad I don’t drive a tanker!

I thought everyon standing charge was going up between 80-100%. This is utter bullshit, especially when you consider how much electricity is produced here compared to in London.

Screenshot_20220329-084227.jpg

I thought everyon standing charge was going up between 80-100%. This is utter bullshit, especially when you consider how much electricity is produced here compared to in London.
Screenshot_20220329-084227.thumb.jpg.2858a949de9369584dd3bcf4cb826d5e.jpg

“Quick, make some bullshit up about connection difficulties before the Jocks kick off.”

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Screenshot_20220329-084227.jpg

So those in Northern Scotland pay a standing charge which is £62.05 per year more than that paid by those in London.  Does someone know the official reason for this discrepancy?

17 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

So those in Northern Scotland pay a standing charge which is £62.05 per year more than that paid by those in London.  Does someone know the official reason for this discrepancy?

Probably because Aberdeen is so far from where electricity is produced...