Dundee V Livingston

For Dundee, the back 5 was a shiter. When a team plays with 3 CBs, the outside two must be comfortable and capable to defend wider, often up against the opposition winger. You see with the first Livi goal, Rossi at right CB left his wing back and midfielders trying to scamper back and challenge Forrest while he just stayed central and took up a useless No Man's Land position. Similarly with the second goal, Sweeney just pointlessly tucked into a central No Man's Land position and left his wing back to deal with Nouble.
So a back 4 must be played from now on as Dundee's CBs are not suited to a 5. Another change needed is only selecting either Mullen or Rudden, not both together as they're too similar. Then in McMullan, McGinn and McCowan, that's three good wingers which two can be selected from. So McGhee should go 4-3-3. He seems intent on moulding a solid, defensive side but that'll only bring draws and narrow defeats. Its wins and the 3 points they bring which are needed in relegation battles so you actually want a more attack-minded side. 

Totally this.

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I must say I will never not be amused by Morten being used as the poster child of the miserable experience that is the Championship. Apt too.

You know things are bad when even Morten are laughing at you. 

On 28/02/2022 at 17:57, RossBFaeDundee said:

I must say I will never not be amused by Morten being used as the poster child of the miserable experience that is the Championship. Apt too.

Morten?  Spelling?  Minter?

But seriously, I typed in Dunfermline first, then QotS, but I'm not confident either of them will be in the division next season.  So Morton it was 🙂

41 minutes ago, ol1vercloff said:

Morten?  Spelling?  Minter?

But seriously, I typed in Dunfermline first, then QotS, but I'm not confident either of them will be in the division next season.  So Morton it was 🙂

Morten is correct.

Minter on you.

Thank you.

On 27/02/2022 at 21:01, FreedomFarter said:

For Dundee, the back 5 was a shiter. When a team plays with 3 CBs, the outside two must be comfortable and capable to defend wider, often up against the opposition winger. You see with the first Livi goal, Rossi at right CB left his wing back and midfielders trying to scamper back and challenge Forrest while he just stayed central and took up a useless No Man's Land position. Similarly with the second goal, Sweeney just pointlessly tucked into a central No Man's Land position and left his wing back to deal with Nouble.

So a back 4 must be played from now on as Dundee's CBs are not suited to a 5. Another change needed is only selecting either Mullen or Rudden, not both together as they're too similar. Then in McMullan, McGinn and McCowan, that's three good wingers which two can be selected from. So McGhee should go 4-3-3. He seems intent on moulding a solid, defensive side but that'll only bring draws and narrow defeats. Its wins and the 3 points they bring which are needed in relegation battles so you actually want a more attack-minded side. 

Are you looking for a job??