2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I think Fraserburgh is the only result I've seen where the Tory vote has increased, assuming there's a local reason for that?

Incidentally that's also the first one where there was an incumbent Alba councillor - seat lost.

Troup (Aberdeenshire) have just put theTories over 50%. rise of 5.4.

They're mental up there.

16 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Not even any radio coverage on Radio Jocko. 

Very little NI coverage too. 

Tbf I think the NI count is yet to declare anything hopefully the coverage increases during the day.

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Already its looking like a typical mid term. Where its SNP v the Tories the SNP are doing well and where its SNP v Labour them very good for Labour.

Because of STV still don't expect huge change across the board.

Looking like a not great result for the SNP all told.

13 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Yes, Alba's vote count seems to be in the same band as a "Broomhill FC" "home" gate, which is pleasing. They'll keep noisily circling the drain for a while.

In the Fife results I've seen they are barely ahead of the Family Party...

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Tbf I think the NI count is yet to declare anything hopefully the coverage increases during the day.

They only opened the boxes at 9.00 am

4 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
In private they will be disappointed about how they are doing in the North of England and the Midlands.

It seems to be the Greens and the Lib Dems who are doing well there - Labour still have an issue with Brexit-voting working class voters.

If Labour can't make massive gains with this most open of goals, Starmer needs binned.

Of course Starmer needs binned. Or he could cross the floor to where his ideas of corporate-funded Party Politics would be more welcome. Unfortunately, a Blair Tribute Act is the best we can hope for in the next Government. I suppose it'll be a (small) step in the right direction.

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

In the Fife results I've seen they are barely ahead of the Family Party...

A surprising lack of people obsessed with genitals in Fife.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'd put 50p on the SNP recording the highest ever vote of any party at a Scottish local election since devolution but we will see. 

Fair dos. 

Greens seem to be doing well in terms of increasing their vote share.

Another incumbent Alba councillor goes with Jim McEleny losing his seat. From first on first preference votes as an SNP candidate in 2017, to last on first preference votes as an Alba candidate in 2022.

Behind the Tories. In Inverclyde.

Edited by Dunning1874

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Fair dos. 

Greens seem to be doing well in terms of increasing their vote share.

I think the SNP will have less councillors than what they started the day with but probably end up controlling more councils. 

Angus and PKC "should" see the SNP form an administration.

Expect to see your favourite flavour of non toxic (eg Tory) parties picking up seats in the central belt eg Lib Dems in Tory shy Edinburgh, Greens in good places to live and Lab everywhere else.

Edited by invergowrie arab

I wondered how long it would take for this to happen - Family Party 105, Abla 103 in Dunfermline South. Also the incumbent Tory here, who got the most first preference votes the last time - has been emptied by a second SNP.

Don’t think anyone can blame them for ditching the SNP given the ongoing ferry fiasco.

It’a a bit… bold… however to go Tory.

‘Do we actually need a ferry to Arran?’