2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

21 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:
In an objectively correct move, I’ve stuck the Greens as first preference. Followed by the SNP, Labour, both Lib Dem’s, Tory and then the Family Party loonball at the bottom.
We’ll probably be getting two Lib Dem’s and an SNP elected though. 

Are you misunderstanding the way it works in that you don't need to number every candidate or are you happy enough to give the lunatic fringe endorsement, however slight?

I don’t really regard marking them eighth out of eight as endorsement tbh. 

Was out first thing but only ranked two people.

As a divorced, single maw with previous for abortion, of course I ranked the family party as top of the pops.

Id prefer if at this level there weren't party politics but that's probably too idealistic.

Edited by RH33

An almost senile family member, who insisted on going to the polling station, told me that they "placed a cross" next to their preferred candidate. I believe it will still count as they have made a clear choice, is that correct?

1 minute ago, Mr. Smith said:

An almost senile family member, who insisted on going to the polling station, told me that they "placed a cross" next to their preferred candidate. I believe it will still count as they have made a clear choice, is that correct?

Yes I think it's taken as a clear first preference.

5 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Not suggesting anything or who it might benefit (particularly since this press conference isn't all economic sunshines and rainbows) and I doubt it will effect your decision on potholes, but is the BoE raising interest rates on polling day not a bit odd? 

Looks like coincidence.

image.thumb.png.3f7781ca84dd20f3765ccb07a8d302bb.png

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/news/2021/september/monetary-policy-committee-dates-for-2022

14 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Not suggesting anything or who it might benefit (particularly since this press conference isn't all economic sunshines and rainbows) and I doubt it will effect your decision on potholes, but is the BoE raising interest rates on polling day not a bit odd? 

It might give Conservative voters cause for thought. With all the stuff about parties and "allegedly" dodgy Covid related contracts, the "party of law and order" reputation has taken a knock. The cost of living, interest rate rise, inflation etc is putting the cloak of financial competence on a shoogly hook too. Add in the involvement of Baroness Ruth and a visit by Lord Snooty Rees-Mogg and it could be a perfect storm. 

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It might give Conservative voters cause for thought. With all the stuff about parties and "allegedly" dodgy Covid related contracts, the "party of law and order" reputation has taken a knock. The cost of living, interest rate rise, inflation etc is putting the cloak of financial competence on a shoogly hook too. Add in the involvement of Baroness Ruth and a visit by Lord Snooty Rees-Mogg and it could be a perfect storm. 

Absolutely, if I were the callous underhanded scheming c***s at CCHQ I wouldn't have wanted this today.

No doubt Anas and Baillie will be calling this an SNP recession shortly.  

28 minutes ago, Mr. Smith said:

No, you're ranking your choices from 1 onwards. It's STV, not an X for your choice, so I reckon that's a wasted paper. Would have been ok if a 1 had been placed and nobody else ranked.

Is it not the case that ranking the Tories last on your list is better (for the world) than not ranking them at all? I'm sure i read somewhere that was the case.

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

No, you're ranking your choices from 1 onwards. It's STV, not an X for your choice, so I reckon that's a wasted paper. Would have been ok if a 1 had been placed and nobody else ranked.

The intention is clear if there's only one "x", I'd hope they'd accept it.

2 hours ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Just back from drawing a (rather artistic, if I do say so myself, had the dick veins on it and everything) cock and balls on my ballot paper.

Wishing all Tory voting losers an absolutely terrible Local Election Day.

Everyone else, good luck, I hope your guy wins I guess.

Imagine we had the write in option like some states in the US.  

A cock and balls would probably count as a vote for Cole-Hamilton. 

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

You'd think, but the checkers are definitely saying it's numbers not a cross.

Could be taken for a Roman Numeral '10' then, indicating a higher preference than any other candidate.