2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

44 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I'd argue that the most significant transfer of power from monarch to parliament was from William III - Prince of Orange.  The 'Divine Right of Kings' was banished and people were actually free.

People always go on about the decrease in religiosity, but I think it'll come back.  These sort of things go in cycles.

I'd probably class myself as a paleoconservative if I had to give my views a label.  Let's turn the clocks back and have a more wholesome society.

It does go back to Henry the 8th but William the 3rd would not been king without Cromwell.
We're living in a digital world it isn't stopping, cashless society and digital currency M8.

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It does go back to Henry the 8th but William the 3rd would not been king without Cromwell.
We're living in a digital world it isn't stopping, cashless society and digital currency M8.

Good point about cashless society.  The way things are going leaves me feeling uneasy.  Same with ‘hate speech’ laws.

3 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Good point about cashless society.  The way things are going leaves me feeling uneasy.  Same with ‘hate speech’ laws.

You're fine with the internet though.

21 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

My main reason for wanting to keep the Union is a sense of Britishness identity.  

18 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Let's turn the clocks back and have a more wholesome society.

With English grammar back on the school curriculum. 

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

More cycle lanes please 

That looks a wee bit wishy washy from the Greens.  Looking to take (I assume) committee convenorships/ vice convenorships but are not part of an administration!

Still, good news.

On 16/05/2022 at 13:21, Duries Air Freshener said:

It's a good question mate, and I'm not sure of the answer.

My main reason for wanting to keep the Union is a sense of Britishness identity.  I have that because of history, a sense of nationhood and the culture I've been immersed in most of my life.  I see Brits as a people.

I'm also right wing and conservative, so prefer keeping traditions such as the Monarchy, religious institutions and different types of hierarchy in tact as opposed to scrapping them.

If we had independence, then I'm not sure how much different the cost of living crisis and pandemic would be.  It will increasingly escalate due in large part to Scotland no longer having EU membership I suppose.

FTFY

Got no problem with people seeking a "sense of Britishness identity" and celebrating whatever that means to them. Dress up, speak with a pretend British accent and do whatever you like. Cosplay is an incredibly popular outlet and i'm sure your will have plenty of crossover with the Harry Potter stans and the futanari fanbase. Just play nice.

1 hour ago, Zern said:

Got no problem with people seeking a "sense of Britishness identity" and celebrating whatever that means to them. Dress up, speak with a pretend British accent and do whatever you like. Cosplay is an incredibly popular outlet and i'm sure your will have plenty of crossover with the Harry Potter stans and the futanari fanbase. Just play nice.

But what to dress up as? What symbols to use? Wait - this should help: all things deeply connected with and seen in 2020s Scotland. A post box it is - or is does cosplaying as an umbrella scream “British”?

A50D7884-A089-41AB-860E-CEE145A7FAA0.jpeg

Edited by Antlion