2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

13 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

8 years to sort out the awkward stuff. 

Demand a referendum from who? 7

Labour wont back it 

In that situation Labour can be in government or it can be in opposition. The recent articles from the likes of Rory Scothorne, that the SNP should abandon indy or a referendum as a prerequisite of any coalition and focus on getting the tories out is just the same shite that the likes of Rentoul, Daisley and Farquarson have been pumping out for years. "The SMART thing for the SNP to do is to give up what it wants so Labour (we) can get it wants for free."

Edited by williemillersmoustache

3 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

Faith.  

The SNP had the chance already, they actively went against deciding if it could be held without westminster permission.  Read about the Keatings case, the SNP actually stood against Scottish Independence there.  

You dont have to believe me, but the SNP is destroying Scotland. 

It's shite like this that makes me think you're just another multi banned alias. "dEsTrOyInG sCoTlAnD"

Away and get fucked lad.

1 hour ago, Kenneth840 said:

My strategy for an Independent Scotland would be recall all our MPs from Westminster, team up with our MSPs from Holyrood (Got to remember they are all supposed to be pro indy parties, SNP and Greens) dissolve the union and then, ONLY THEN, hold a referendum.  Any sooner then westminster controls it. 

This would be simultaneously be, box office, incredibly funny and also have not a hope in hell of working and would in all likelihood torpedo independence for good.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's shite like this that makes me think you're just another multi banned alias. "dEsTrOyInG sCoTlAnD"

Away and get fucked lad.

If you are going to be like that then there is no point continuing further.  Independence is fucked then.  

3 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

This would be simultaneously be, box office, incredibly funny and also have not a hope in hell of working and would in all likelihood torpedo independence for good.

Yeah Kosovo. 

Keep being Scottish cringe. 

3 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

Yeah Kosovo. 

The Scottish political situation is not at all analogous to that of Kosovo.

7 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

Keep being Scottish cringe. 

I don't think you know what that means m9.

2 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

The Scottish political situation is not at all analogous to that of Kosovo.

I don't think you know what that means m9.

1  UK government recognises  Kosovo

2 I am Scottish, I dont think you can accuse me of not knowing our cringe.  Its a b*****d brainwashed idea. 

36 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Away and get fucked lad.

Stop being blinded by faith. 

Check Matrin Keatings case, the decision could have been made 2 years ago.  Now we are having a referendum that will be challenged by the UK supreme court in their favour.  Another 2 years of carrot munching.  

30 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

1  UK government recognises  Kosovo

Once again, Scotland is not analogous to Kosovo.

35 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

2 I am Scottish, I dont think you can accuse me of not knowing our cringe.  Its a b*****d brainwashed idea. 

Idk man. Comparing the Scottish independence movement to others that actually suffered ethnic cleansing and wars of liberation and suggesting a batshit crazy, grandstanding idea of gathering a bunch of elected officials who only represent half the electorate to stand outside Holyrood/Bannockburn/yer da's house and declare a UDI while waving saltires sounds pretty fucking cringe to me.

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Away and get fucked lad.

He's either a naive 12 year old edgelord, which is possible considering he's only allowed on the computer for a few hours at the weekends, or a unionist troll on the wind-up.

One of our most prominent unionist posters used to frequently bang on about Natter strawmen he invented, who wanted to undermine democracy and hated people for being English. I don't remember Kenny doing any xenophobias offhand, but his hysterical UDI chat is so on point with the above that it's almost like he was taking notes.

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

He's either a naive 12 year old edgelord, which is possible considering he's only allowed on the computer for a few hours at the weekends, or a unionist troll on the wind-up.

One of our most prominent unionist posters used to frequently bang on about Natter strawmen he invented, who wanted to undermine democracy and hated people for being English. I don't remember Kenny doing any xenophobias offhand, but his hysterical UDI chat is so on point with the above that it's almost like he was taking notes.

That's right BFTD.. Kenneth must be one of the two options you outline.  He couldn't possibly just be someone with a different opinion to you. 🙄

Surprised you've not called him Stormzy yet.

On 07/05/2022 at 16:08, wastecoatwilly said:

The problem for Labour is they don't have a position for me it's not a personality contest,you can have Muhammed Ali in charge but if he doesn't have a direction to go he will get knocked out.
Referendum has polarized the voters, there is no middle ground the Tories and The SNP keep it alive with their policies.

They have greater political knowledge and want it more, imho...

On 08/05/2022 at 11:52, BFTD said:

Wow, I'd no idea that the insult "smooth brain" referred to an actual, horrible medical condition.

The shit you learn on here.

We used to do respite care for a wee boy with "smooth brain". Not a very pleasant condition.

He's dead now, of course.

11 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

Not sure it matters what they think.  It only takes a nation to decide.  Might be helpful if the English government agreed to it, but in the end it is not their decision to make.  

It is our choice.

We decide. 

I agree with the Rangers, WE ARE THE PEOPLE,

You mean the British government. 

Quite a telling slip though. 

Your ideas on how to achieve Independence are beyond idiotic and don't seem to have any rational or logical thinking behind them. 

8 hours ago, Clown Job said:

UDI is for the moon howlers

Wouldn't work anyways if the majority of the population doesn’t back it and someone like me who does support independence would only support it via a referendum 

I would not back UDI

The act of union was done by a handful of people not for the people, the SNP have the majority of MP's all they have to do is not pledge to Westminster but they won't because they're career politicians.
The legislation is there in the declaration of Arbroath and the Lion Rampant is our sovereign.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The act of union was done by a handful of people not for the people, the SNP have the majority of MP's all they have to do is not pledge to Westminster but they won't because they're career politicians.
The legislation is there in the declaration of Arbroath and the Lion Rampant is our sovereign.

Because it was done like that 300 years ago doesn’t mean it should be done today. 

Wasn’t that long ago women and young unmarried men had been denied the right to vote.

Things change 

Independence needs to be won via a referendum 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Because it was done like that 300 years ago doesn’t mean it should be done today. 

Wasn’t that long ago women and young unmarried men had been denied the right to vote.

Things change 

Independence needs to be won via a referendum 

Yet we're tied to what happened 300 years ago, the power was given to Westminster not the monarchy.