2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

With 30/32 councils being hung (only SNP in Dundee and Labour in West Dunbartonshire have outright majorities), have any coalition deals been struck yet? 

Are You Looking For A Kenneth Williams Impression?

On 09/05/2022 at 10:27, Donathan said:

With 30/32 councils being hung (only SNP in Dundee and Labour in West Dunbartonshire have outright majorities), have any coalition deals been struck yet? 

Fife will either be SNP minority or SNP-Lib Dem.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Helpful guide to avoid lunatics.

Someone from Alba was getting on at him recently for posting the low %age of total votes Alba got, as they didn't stand in every ward. Not sure the numbers above are any better...

20 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Someone from Alba was getting on at him recently for posting the low %age of total votes Alba got, as they didn't stand in every ward. Not sure the numbers above are any better...

I saw that as well.  He was getting grief because his results made Alba's results look worse than they were because he didn't include a caveat about Alba not standing someone in every ward so their results looked worse even though everyone they did stand in each ward did absolutely appallingly.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Helpful guide to avoid lunatics.

Plenty of wicker man, league of gentleman type bumpkins in the far flung Highlands and deepest, darkest Borders. Well I never.

Edited by Gordon EF

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fraserburgh is understandable apart from them being generally a bit weird, the Alba candidate had been a councillor there for 38 years before switching from SNP to ALBA.

The best bit was when he tried to explain away his absolute shoeing (274 votes) by them being ‘the new kids on the block’. 

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

The best bit was when he tried to explain away his absolute shoeing (274 votes) by them being ‘the new kids on the block’. 

What do Alba genital inspectors say after someone passes the test to get into the toilets?

Spoiler

You Got It (The Right Stuff) by New Kids on the Block: Amazon.co.uk: CDs &  Vinyl

Angus moves from Tory/Independent to SNP control as Carnoustie's two independents form an alliance with the 13 SNP Councillors, meaning an end to the five year reign of one of the least competent, highly misogynistic and thoroughly embarrassing administrations in living memory. Being led by a drunk didn't help either tbh. 

27 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’m perplexed by the 15.6% of Labour voters who gave the SNP as their second preference.  If you can get over the unionist barrier of voting SNP why not make them your first choice as they have more traditional ‘Labour values’ than the existing Labour Party has.

I’m perplexed by the 15.6% of Labour voters who gave the SNP as their second preference.  If you can get over the unionist barrier of voting SNP why not make them your first choice as they have more traditional ‘Labour values’ than the existing Labour Party has.
Voting for the candidate, not the party?

13 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Possibly. My old man’s not fully sold on independence but has been an SNP voter since Blair jettisoned Clause 4. He will sometimes go for independents at council elections tho. 

1 hour ago, DublinMagyar said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Quite possible.

And the council elections have passed.  
How much closer to Independence are we now?  Results are still the same as before, and before anyone goes (yawn) it is a local election, explain how much closer we have got to Independence. 
Let's turn that round. Why don't YOU explain how electing even, say 40 Alba councillors/genital inspectors in a local election would do a single fucking thing to advance the cause of independence.