2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

44 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Something irritant to the SNP is that three of the top Labour targets in Scotland at the next GE are held by controversial SNP figures (The two Alba defectors Hanvey and McAskill, and Margaret the covid spreader)

As an on/off SNP supporter I would grudgingly accept Labour over those three anyway. Possibly even a LibDem

47 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Something irritant to the SNP is that three of the top Labour targets in Scotland at the next GE are held by controversial SNP figures (The two Alba defectors Hanvey and McAskill, and Margaret the covid spreader)

Obviously they will all be punted in favour of new candidates anyway, but their behaviour won’t have done the SNP’s reputation any favours in these areas and indeed it looks like Labour were at least neck in neck with the SNP in those areas this Thursday. I’d bet that Labour have a great chance to gain those 3 seats (it held all 3 pre-2015 and again from 2017-2019) 

The SNP will be irritated by Labour trying to take seats that aren’t held by the SNP. Gotcha. 

59 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
TBH any useless c**t can be a Councillor.

Says the ex-councillor . . .

Former.  And it was a bit of self deprecation, you’d have to be a bit thick not to realise that…

26 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

As an on/off SNP supporter I would grudgingly accept Labour over those three anyway. Possibly even a LibDem

24 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

The SNP will be irritated by Labour trying to take seats that aren’t held by the SNP. Gotcha. 

All 3 are considered SNP held seats though. When we compare results after the next GE, the SNP watermark is the 48 they held after the last election. Defections and by-elections are ignored. 

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

All 3 are considered SNP held seats though. When we compare results after the next GE, the SNP watermark is the 48 they held after the last election. Defections and by-elections are ignored. 

I can consider myself a viable candidate to replace PJ Tucker as the starting power forward for the Miami Heat next season, but I’m not. 

3 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I get the impression there's a lot of posters on here that would prefer Boris Johnson in charge rather than Keir Starmer because of their Indy fantasies.  

They seem to actually get annoyed when Keir does well and use the same attack lines that Tories do. Very sad to see some people putting their Nationalist views ahead of soft social democracy. 

The problem for Labour is they don't have a position for me it's not a personality contest,you can have Muhammed Ali in charge but if he doesn't have a direction to go he will get knocked out.
Referendum has polarized the voters, there is no middle ground the Tories and The SNP keep it alive with their policies.

9 hours ago, 101 said:

That's true, I think the Tories could win another election with a "coalition of chaos" type campaign. 

I can't see the Tories winning at all tbh; they're already out of ideasbin government, while the economy sails into a period of ridiculous stagflation that no government of the mainstream options can prevent or even mitigate too much. They're royally fucked. 

These results underline that a hung parliament is the most likely option though, regardless of the Tories' mewling about it, and they won't have enough Bunfields to slither back in either. 

I'm sure I just saw Oaksoft decry the "horrors of Universal Credit" a few pages back.

The very poster who regularly cheerleaded Iain Duncan Smith's measures to crush the undeserving poor when it was being introduced. Tremendous.

8 hours ago, Steiner nWo said:

You love to play the man rather than the ball.

Stormzy, Albus,Steiner,Duries or whatever your latest shit alias is you should maybe take a day or 2 off. Our resident lecturer, big business svengali and multi degree earning right wing zen Walter Mitty can look after himself. I think Mary Lou has broke you.  

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Stormzy, Albus,Steiner,Duries or whatever your latest shit alias is you should maybe take a day or 2 off. Our resident lecturer, big business svengali and multi degree earning right wing zen Walter Mitty can look after himself. I think Mary Lou has broke you.  

c40b216be067b7ebb8da430dac9c491d.png

6 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

c40b216be067b7ebb8da430dac9c491d.png

As I said it's pointless engaging with you but will you answer one question. Why do you create multiple accounts and basically push an agenda that gets heartily laughed at on a football forum? It's either narcissism, stupidity or loneliness but please take a time out it will do you good.

Just now, dirty dingus said:

As I said it's pointless engaging with you but will you answer one question. Why do you create multiple accounts and basically push an agenda that gets heartily laughed at on a football forum? It's either narcissism, stupidity or loneliness but please take a time out it will do you good.

Well it is when you resort to paranoid unfounded ridiculous conspiracy style posts. 

I'll honestly answer that I find it absolutley hilarious that you or anyone else think that's the case. I'm a 29 year old centrist and you actually believe I have multiple accounts and they all have different personalities, ages and opinions. It's seriously fucking mental. I've said it before but it's particularly brain melted forum behaviour to think every Rangers supporting Unionist is the same person.... on a Scottish Football forum..... this weird section of the forum has effectively put some posters brains through a microwave. Anyway I'd appreciate if you either put me on ignore and didn't try and shout down all my posts as part of this weird weird fantasy that some people have concocted or just report me and anyone else you think is actually other people to save everyone else from having to read such embarrassingly tedious pish and derailing threads. 

11 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Well it is when you resort to paranoid unfounded ridiculous conspiracy style posts. 

I'll honestly answer that I find it absolutley hilarious that you or anyone else think that's the case. I'm a 29 year old centrist and you actually believe I have multiple accounts and they all have different personalities, ages and opinions. It's seriously fucking mental. I've said it before but it's particularly brain melted forum behaviour to think every Rangers supporting Unionist is the same person.... on a Scottish Football forum..... this weird section of the forum has effectively put some posters brains through a microwave. Anyway I'd appreciate if you either put me on ignore and didn't try and shout down all my posts as part of this weird weird fantasy that some people have concocted or just report me and anyone else you think is actually other people to save everyone else from having to read such embarrassingly tedious pish and derailing threads. 

Do continue to use as many accounts as you like but if I have one request (I note the most recent examples have been  removed) go and stop fucking referring to folk you are arguing with as suffering from lissencephaly or smooth brain syndrome. 

It's really not a very pleasant and life limiting condition and there are plenty of other perfectly good insults out there.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

6 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

It's no skin off my nose if you want to deflect, lie and make a general c**t of yourself but I think the vast majority  knows your a multi banned troll account, why deny it? FFS 29 years old, I'm shocked I thought you were in your teens. I don't put anyone on ignore or come on under some other account but hey if that's your thing batter on.

Just now, dirty dingus said:

It's no skin off my nose if you want to deflect, lie and make a general c**t of yourself but I think the vast majority  knows your a multi banned troll account, why deny it? FFS 29 years old, I'm shocked I thought you were in your teens. I don't put anyone on ignore or come on under some other account but hey if that's your thing batter on.

Lmao. You've lost the plot if you ever had it to begin with. 

The "vast majority" being 4 or 5 of the brain melted posters in the politics section that accuse literally every single Unionist as being the same guy... case closed!