2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

I see that Greater Greenock ended up Labour 9, SNP 8, Ind 3 and 2 Tories (1 elected unopposed from the fucking nonsense settlement that is Kilmacolm). 

The SNP fucked their best chance of gaining control under that tit McEleny; the Lib Dems being completely wiped out is hilarious considering that they were the largest party at council level about 20 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Glasgow's Greens would be very foolish to do that, unless Aitken and half the clowns from the old regime fall or get pushed into their swords first. It's hardly a ringing endorsement of Glasgow's city administration. 

Glasgow needs a whole new plan for the city centre.  Start converting unused retail space into housing but that will also require more green space in the city itself and more services.

8 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I'll get shot down for this and it's a bit of a generalisation but that area is 'hoaching with the English ((c) Rikki Fulton) so it's not a huge surprise.

Both areas are full of people who are traditional right-of-centre for numerous reasons.  It is not that they are English, Scottish or anything else.  Who would you expect a right-of-centre voter to vote for?

25 minutes ago, virginton said:

Glasgow's Greens would be very foolish to do that, unless Aitken and half the clowns from the old regime fall or get pushed into their swords first. It's hardly a ringing endorsement of Glasgow's city administration. 

That fucking moron Aitken getting punted down to second place was pleasing, if effectively meaningless

11 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Both areas are full of people who are traditional right-of-centre for numerous reasons.  It is not that they are English, Scottish or anything else.  Who would you expect a right-of-centre voter to vote for?

Ah yes, those leafy shires of *checks notes* Fraserburgh would always naturally come home to the party of privilege. 

Imagine being the party of government for 15 years+, being effectively the establishment party and yet still increasing the number of elected representatives.

Can’t be many examples of that outwith the likes of North Korea.

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

Ah yes, those leafy shires of *checks notes* Fraserburgh would always naturally come home to the party of privilege. 

IIRC, In the USA, West Virginia is staunchly Republican despite it being a very poor state.  Similarly New Brunswick in Canada.

Don't think that it is only stockbrokers who vote Tory.

Something to do with being rural with no major cities to speak of.

I might be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

IIRC, In the USA, West Virginia is staunchly Republican despite it being a very poor state.  Similarly New Brunswick in Canada.

I might be wrong.

Or not very well educated/worldly?

54 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I'll get shot down for this and it's a bit of a generalisation but that area is 'hoaching with the English ((c) Rikki Fulton) so it's not a huge surprise.

More than ‘a bit of a generalisation’ just plain wrong.

16 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I might be wrong.

Same happens in England. Cities vote Labour, towns (mostly) vote Tory. 

Enjoying the heads gone on Mumsnet of simultaneously gloating over the failure of arch-enemy Mhairi Hunter to get herself re-elected, putting that down to their completely moronic toddler-tantrum campaign of spoiling ballots, .... and realising that her replacement is a transwoman candidate from the even more 'captured' Scottish Greens.

They've been utterly consumed by this ballot-spoiling nonsense for weeks, seemingly oblivious to the fact the grown-ups in the electorate would just set about electing their arch-enemies regardless. Just waiting for them trying to spin the 'GC' parties, Con and Alba, getting a thorough kicking as some sort of indication that the 'majority' agree with them and that 'What is a woman?' is the great, burning issue of the age.

5 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

More than ‘a bit of a generalisation’ just plain wrong.

Full of English folk who only live there some of the time.  I recall the SNP winning seats up there from time to time.  😀

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Agreed but could see the Greens going for it. 

I've been decidedly unimpressed with the council since SNP took over.