2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

1 hour ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Tremendous news and a victory for Dunbar over the sectarian hate campaign that was waged against him.

it just shows that voters weren’t taken in by the anti-orange nonsense.

The bigots saw through the bigotry to vote in a bigot. 😂

4 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Have they been though?

Tory + Lab + Ind is a bigger group. SNP are the biggest party but that didn;t stop the others last time...

Aye. I don't see why the governing coalition will change.

Sarwar said he is ruling out formal coalitions but in practice he has zero control. What is he going to do?

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Last I saw was SNP+ LD in talks. Would hate to be wrong but it has happened before. Golden rowies of joy on hold. 

Hm. LD will also being listening to offers from wee Barney, Marie Boulton and the Tories. Given their staunch pro-union posturing I'll be surprised if they enable the SNP. Who knows.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Aye. I don't see why the governing coalition will change.

Sarwar said he is ruling out formal coalitions but in practice he has zero control. What is he going to do?

Yep given that local Labour defied the national UK leadership I'm not sure they're quaking in their boots at the propsect of a patronising lecture from the Weegie hypocrite.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Heard on BBC radio that Labour's poor performance is down to "Long Corbyn". 

Jesus wept. 

Hilarious when in areas that Corbyn did particularly well they haven't done as well this year.

33 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Last I saw was SNP+ LD in talks. Would hate to be wrong but it has happened before. Golden rowies of joy on hold. 

I am hoping for Aberdeen's sake that the SNP and Lib Dems can work together.

I genuinely wouldn't be completely shocked to see Labour and the Tories trying to form a four-way Labour/Tory/Lib Dem/Independent coalition, though. 

42 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Hm. LD will also being listening to offers from wee Barney, Marie Boulton and the Tories. Given their staunch pro-union posturing I'll be surprised if they enable the SNP. Who knows.

But surely it’s all about local issues for the Lib Dems.

Spoiler

Just kidding

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Good guys coalition?

Glasgow's Greens would be very foolish to do that, unless Aitken and half the clowns from the old regime fall or get pushed into their swords first. It's hardly a ringing endorsement of Glasgow's city administration. 

27 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Aberdeenshire & Moray both NOC as councils but the Tories clearly the largest party in both areas. The last redoubt of Toryism in Scotland north of the borders.

Embarrassing.

I'll get shot down for this and it's a bit of a generalisation but that area is 'hoaching with the English ((c) Rikki Fulton) so it's not a huge surprise.