2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

1 minute ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

You'll get over it mate.  Just take deep breaths.

I probably won't to be honest. To think I could've swapped Miami or Chicago for Airdrie and I didn't. Gonna be kicking myself for a loooooong time. 

18 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Airdrie North elected a known Orangeman for Labour 

36CD9046-5861-465A-AA9A-870F1FAE85BA.jpeg

67DFE3DF-D041-414B-B749-8C69CF383877.jpeg

Thanks for info and I now know that my 3rd vote might have elected Mr McBride and not the other one. Airdrie North is not my fault. Perhaps the guy above senses that being inside Labour is now the strongest place for " the  blessed union" . What a strange world.

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Wonder what happens now given that Sarwar as said no to official coalitions, SNP minority council?

I do worry an unofficial better together pact might come to the fore in Fife and in Edinburgh

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

I do worry an unofficial better together pact might come to the fore in Fife and in Edinburgh

I wouldn't rule it out altogether, but you'd have to marvel at the astonishing lack of self-awareness given how that sort of thing has worked out for them in the past. Desperate times require desperate measures though, and when you have two parties squabbling over what is, at best, 50% of the electorate, and neither is remotely interested in even trying to appeal to the other 50%, then I suppose the only route remaining is to cosy up to each other, again.

10 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I like when the BBC pretends the 3rd biggest party in Westminster doesn’t exist 

Big John saying Labour and the LD might do a future deal to deny Scotland a referendum on independence 

6E12F05D-B63D-40C5-9FDB-88F8729E4EB7.jpeg

Yeh it's a bizzare graphic

30 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Shiting golden topped rowies of pure joy at the grifters, sex pests, touchers and thieves of the Tory/Labour ACC finally getting turfed out. 

Have they been though?

Tory + Lab + Ind is a bigger group. SNP are the biggest party but that didn;t stop the others last time...