2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

Personally I don’t see that as a problem, I think it’s been brilliant for the SNP to offload those fruitcakes.
On a separate matter, is Dundee really Tory free (at least so far)?
So far.

But 4 seat ward in Ferry.

They'll get at least one there with Derek Scott.

West End was fantastic for me - getting rid of the Tory and Richard McCready!

77 first-preference votes for the independent candidate in Tillydrone, Seaton and Old Aberdeen. He is a convicted sex offender who, among his offences, was found guilty of knowingly having sex with a 15-year-old girl. 

Very grim. Hoping it was just a lack of knowledge about his offences from the people who actually voted for him. 

No overall control in PKC.

Lib-Dem & Tories likely to form a coalition again before attacking each other over how the council is run for the next 5 years. Superb.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

77 first-preference votes for the independent candidate in Tillydrone, Seaton and Old Aberdeen. He is a convicted sex offender who, among his offences, was found guilty of knowingly having sex with a 15-year-old girl. 

Very grim. Hoping it was just a lack of knowledge about his offences from the people who actually voted for him. 

That is scary especially as it was in the local press. Alba on that seat got 11 less votes in that ward. 

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Can’t be many council wards in Scotland that have the SNP in 5th place, and all five parties within 8% of one another 

Morningside/Edinburgh South is mental. Has to be the most politically diverse area in Scotland. I'm pretty certain the only reason Ian Murray manages to cling on is because of the huge number of English Edinburgh Uni students who choose to vote in Edinburgh rather than their 'home' constituency, consider themselves lefties, but can't bring themselves to vote for the evil 'anti-English' SNP.

Was McEleny not already a councillor in Inverclyde?

In the ward I used to live in, the former councillor left Labour and stood as an indepdent, she didn't get in but got 800 votes.  For a sitting councillor to get 100 odd suggests that the citizens of Inverclyde have the full measure of McEleny. 

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Was McEleny not already a councillor in Inverclyde?

In the ward I used to live in, the former councillor left Labour and stood as an indepdent, she didn't get in but got 800 votes.  For a sitting councillor to get 100 odd suggests that the citizens of Inverclyde have the full measure of McEleny. 

Yes. He had been leader of the SNP Group on the council before he defected.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Morningside/Edinburgh South is mental. Has to be the most politically diverse area in Scotland. I'm pretty certain the only reason Ian Murray manages to cling on is because of the huge number of English Edinburgh Uni students who choose to vote in Edinburgh rather than their 'home' constituency, consider themselves lefties, but can't bring themselves to vote for the evil 'anti-English' SNP.

That’s exactly why. Edinburgh South has the largest English/Welsh population of any constituency in Scotland so the SNP are never expected to do well there.