2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Doesn't "LD" stand for Lib Dem?

tweet.PNG

It does indeed. You quoted an Inverclyde result initially but anyway, knew what you meant.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Will Alba keep on going after this?  They are on a part with the Scottish Family Party and the Scottish Libertarians.

I find it a bit staggering that an astute politician got convinced by the twitterati to make trans issues a main plank of his platform.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

It does indeed. You quoted an Inverclyde result initially but anyway, knew what you meant.

I'm checking now and there's an entirely different tweet in the quote. I swear I'm not going daft. And I blame div.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Will Alba keep on going after this?  They are on a part with the Scottish Family Party and the Scottish Libertarians.

When they formed I'm fairly sure I said I thought they'd do one electoral cycle, fail to make any headway, the ship-jumpers would find themselves unelected, and then the penny would drop that they are nothing more than yet another niche party along the lines of the old Christian lot, Family Party etc. The only difference is that they are lead by a well kent face, but then so is every party that George Galloway forms, and they soon fade and implode as well.

You could tell by the shambolic launch vids/zoom thingies that this was nothing more than one man's ego-trip that he'd managed to rope a few single-issue obsessed mates into, and that seems to be pretty much the same story over a year on, only they are a few elected officials lighter and appear to have made no headway. I think they might make it to the next Westminster GE, but I honestly don't see the point because the very best I can see them doing is MacAskill or Hanvey clinging on to their seat through local popularity in much the same way Independents sometimes do, but I don't think they have a hope in hell of actually gaining anything. I'd be surprised if they could retain deposits the way they are going.

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

SNP - 2 (nc)
LAB - 1 (nc)

SNP need 3 more for a majority with two wards to go. That seems likely.

I assume it was an SNP majority previously?

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The Daily Heil is running that it has been "Underwhelming" for Starmer.

But, after running "beergate" on page 1 every day for eight days, they finally got an investigation opened. 

The Tories have so far lost over 200 councillors and yet the media are framing it like this.

Fucking tragic place we live in. Corruption is up there with Berlusconi's Italy it feels!

19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Didn't they start off by saying "Vote SNP1, Alba 2 for a supermajority"?

Here they are just in direct competition with everyone. And getting well pumped.