2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

I'm in the wonderfully succinct Hazlehead, Ashley and Queens Cross. The Tories seem to do quite well here - they are the only party standing more than one candidate. 

Much the same here. Too many rich b*****ds. I'm surprised I've not been run out of town.

The 2 SNP candidates (sitting councillors) in my ward are the bumpkinest of bumpkins. The Green and Alba candidates look like complete gimps.  By the time I realised I had forgotten to draw a fat veiny cock on my ballot it was about half 9.

Dunno if they've done it with council elections previously but I really miss the all night coverage and counts.

Pish that they seem to have stopped.

Ended up going, admittedly without a huge degree of enthusiasm: 
1. SNP
2. Greens
3. Lib Dems
4. Labour
No ranking for the two Tory candidates or the Tory-adjacent "Independent". 
I would usually have Labour ahead of the Lib Dems, but this is "Aberdeen Labour" I am dealing with unfortunately.

Similar here.

1 SNP
2 SNP
3 Green
4 Lib Dems
5 Labour

No ranking for the Tory or the genital inspector.

6 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Why, if heavy losses come to pass, they’ll be so darn mad they’ll have no choice but to ask dear old Boris if they can pretend to be autonomous. And if that doesn’t work they’ll just have to ask again, more deferentially!

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dunno if they've done it with council elections previously but I really miss the all night coverage and counts.

Pish that they seem to have stopped.

Don't think the council's will be counting over night Fife aren't.

Although the English will be and Northern Ireland might be. Sky are starting coverage at 11 and the BBC are at 11:40 so will be interesting to see what they are covering, maybe just the English results.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Don't think the council's will be counting over night Fife aren't.

Although the English will be and Northern Ireland might be. Sky are starting coverage at 11 and the BBC are at 11:40 so will be interesting to see what they are covering, maybe just the English results.

Maybe exit polls?

Ended up voting for the 2 SNP ones in my ward and no other.

To be fair, when I needed help with something the person who got my number 1 did help us out.

The green candidate was a work colleague for years and she’s a fucking nutter. The Lib Dem one is as arrogant as they come. The 2 tories are arseholes and the Alba one I don’t know.

The Labour boy was standing outside and was very vocal about looking forward to the count.

Perth has been fucked by both the SNP & Tories running the council but the tories backed by the Lib Dems and Labour in Perth have made it even fucking worse.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe exit polls?

Sunderland expected to be declaring at midnight and other English councils to declare over night. Doesn't look like there will be much else going on.

More excitement tomorrow mid-afternoon.