2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

6 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I'm sure The Independent will have provided a balanced, factual report on the situation.

No sniggering at the back!

It's owned by the Russian that Boris helped into the house of Lords. Are you saying it is biased against your mate BoJo?

1 minute ago, the snudge said:

What happens if you don't put a number next to a candidate and just plump for say 3 out of 8?

The electoral system collapses

Wee crowd of miserable genital inspectors staring down the voters at the Town Hall today. No sign of the other parties, understandably.

As it turned out, I was not to be dissuaded from performing my constitutional duty, although I didn't get to keep my pencil this time, so I'll be putting in a complaint.

1. Good Guy
  2. Good Guy
  3. Good Guy
  4. Meh
  5. Raging local roaster (not me)
  6. Sexual deviant (ditto)
  7. Confidence trickster (how dare you)

No Lib Dem in this ward; they'd likely have fitted in to fifth place, as Gateway Drug.

8 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

Current turnout at my place is pretty much bang on 50% once you include postal votes.

Turnout was 46% in 2017, 47% including rejected ballots. Could be more rejected ballots this time if P&B is anything to go by.

Apparently turnout was 46.9% last time, and 39.7% in 2012, so getting to 50% overall would A Good Thing.

In other old news - more than 30,000 ballots were rejected in 2017 because people had selected more than one candidate for first place  :blink:

This is actually quite interesting, if you're into that kind of thing.

Edit: f**k off WB, with your 1337 typing skills  :angry:

Edited by BFTD

Ended up going, admittedly without a huge degree of enthusiasm: 

1. SNP

2. Greens

3. Lib Dems

4. Labour

No ranking for the two Tory candidates or the Tory-adjacent "Independent". 

I would usually have Labour ahead of the Lib Dems, but this is "Aberdeen Labour" I am dealing with unfortunately.

Just now, DrewDon said:

Ended up going, admittedly without a huge degree of enthusiasm: 

1. SNP

2. Greens

3. Lib Dems

4. Labour

No ranking for the two Tory candidates or the Tory-adjacent "Independent". 

I would usually have Labour ahead of the Lib Dems, but this is "Aberdeen Labour" I am dealing with unfortunately.

Are you lower deeside as well?

I'm not keen on the Lib Dem here either but they are not as bad as Aberdeen Labour which basically means Labour and Unionist party. 

7 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Are you lower deeside as well?

I'm not keen on the Lib Dem here either but they are not as bad as Aberdeen Labour which basically means Labour and Unionist party. 

I'm in the wonderfully succinct Hazlehead, Ashley and Queens Cross. The Tories seem to do quite well here - they are the only party standing more than one candidate (in a four-councillor ward). 

Edited by DrewDon

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

That underlined bit.....Whit?

Seriously. Whit?

Not sure if you missed it or just being argumentative? The Met said that they wouldn't be releasing any information about any "Partygate"  fines that were being issued due to Purdah. Despite this not applying to the police, who are meant to be (and as some people have commented recently appear not to be) independent.