2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

MiL working as a polling clerk and by lunchtime she had seen less than 100 voters. She's being doing the job at the same polling station for 40 odd years and says it's easily the poorest turnout she has ever seen.

Some of that might be explained by people who switched to postal voting as recommended during Covid.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Some of that might be explained by people who switched to postal voting as recommended during Covid.

We did that (3 of us) and didn't change back. Never had postal votes until covid hit, so I suppose there'll be plenty like us. 

I'm working at a polling station right now and physical turnout by 10pm will be around ~40% I reckon.

25% of the voters have opted for postal votes here. So overall turnout will be in the 60s I think.

Was the only one there at lunchtime today. Looks like a poor turnout.

To be fair nearly didn't vote.  Half of the candidates in the ward will get elected anyway.  Assuming people vote along similar lines as always it's just a matter of shuffling the deck a little bit for the big parties. 

Voted independent.  No idea what they stand for but weary of the mainstream parties these days.  It's only taken me two decades but I'm now non-political haha, used to believe in it all too.  I can't even get annoyed about it now.

For any undecided but Tory-leaning P&B-ers out there, there's a report in the Independent that Her Most Britannic Majesty's Government has abandoned plans to ensure that restaurant and other hospitality staff can keep their tips.

Wonder if JRM might come to my door and her could explain it? 

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

For any undecided but Tory-leaning P&B-ers out there, there's a report in the Independent that Her Most Britannic Majesty's Government has abandoned plans to ensure that restaurant and other hospitality staff can keep their tips.

Edit - no doubt one of our more dependable right wingers can explain this latest breach of faith with the "ordinary" folk.  Hint - from the article "In September business minister Paul Scully said it would become "illegal" to withhold tips and a new law would "ensure tips will go to those who worked for it".

My area seems to have been targeted by the a few loonballs for candidates, it’s my main motivation to vote tonight.

Half tempted to spoil with f**k you’re bigoted bullshit next to the Scottish family and Alba twats.

Edited by parsforlife

Saw an car driving about Fountainbridge fully decked out in Alba stickers and flags yesterday. Not seen shite like that in ages. Also read their manifesto for Edinburgh and, predictably, it goes on at length about trans folk. 

That's a no from me.

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Saw an car driving about Fountainbridge fully decked out in Alba stickers and flags yesterday. Not seen shite like that in ages. Also read their manifesto for Edinburgh and, predictably, it goes on at length about trans folk. 

That's a no from me.

No genital inspector job for you 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not a Professor. Just a supremely arrogant and supercilious c**t.  Thanks all the same.

Well the Met police are independent and they have restricted their communication during the election period. So I thought the BoE might have considered doing the same.

Anyway that's the very last time I go to the considerable effort of replying politely to you. My mistake. 

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm sure The Independent will have provided a balanced, factual report on the situation.

No sniggering at the back!