2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

None of the candidates in my area seem to be able to stop the ongoing Disneylandisation of Edinburgh/potholes/a cnut called "Daisy" graffiting everywhere/Air B n B*/awful crap boxy buildings going up while good ones are torn down/those bloody arsehole Deliveroo twats/ other PTTGOMN so with little enthusiasm I'll have to vote for the one that will do the least damage. 

*a few of the parties have promised this. Aye. Right.  

9 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's all about thermonuclear weapons, strategic energy and resource management. And yer bins. But mainly yer bins. 

neds.jpg.7e85d4d57d24f4772f64ab09c4cee3f1.jpg

Spoiler

Yes, I saw them at the Venue in 1990. 

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Indeed. He got 26 (TWENTY-SIX) votes after the Tories emptied him and he stood as an independent emoji23.png

The inverted teleprinter - where particularly low scores need to be spelled out. 

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

None of the candidates in my area seem to be able to stop the ongoing Disneylandisation of Edinburgh/potholes/a cnut called "Daisy" graffiting everywhere/Air B n B*/awful crap boxy buildings going up while good ones are torn down/those bloody arsehole Deliveroo twats/ other PTTGOMN so with little enthusiasm I'll have to vote for the one that will do the least damage. 

*a few of the parties have promised this. Aye. Right.  

Im not sure lack of achieving anything is unique to Edinburgh, Is there anywhere in Scotland where the council has been doing a good job? Im not saying there isnt but ive not seen, heard from anyone or read that it is.  It would be nice to read from some posters where the council are doing well and what they are doing

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

There's a saying "vote till you boak", which means you should rank them until you despise the remaining candidates equally, and then you can leave them blank. 

I did that. It's why my ballot paper got ripped up and thrown in the bin. All of the candidates give me the boak for one reason or another. 

11 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

That Craig Ross seems an odd type. I don't know what I've done to be subjected to seeing his stuff on Twitter. I legitimately thought he was one of those parody accounts like Barry Stanton for a good 10 minutes first time he sprung up. 

Did he try and get elected as an MSP last election? 

Yep, guy is a complete nutcase.

anyway, today, if you care about local services dont vote Tory or SNP. 

Just voted in leafy Renfrewshire. Six candidates only in my ward, 2 Lab, 2 SNP, 1 Con, 1 Lib. Numbered the goodies one to four, and left the SNP boxes blank.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

New Statesman predictions. 

image.thumb.png.d7b9948cc21ba8598dcd1e46f98c6016.png

I find it remarkable that the Tories in England are going to see another big fall, remember the last election was when Mays Brexit deal was a complete disaster in the Tory heart lands. For Boris to do even worse just shows how poor a politician he is.

Good to see Greens making gains across to board, pretty much at the expense of the SNP here.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I find it remarkable that the Tories in England are going to see another big fall, remember the last election was when Mays Brexit deal was a complete disaster in the Tory heart lands. For Boris to do even worse just shows how poor a politician he is.

That may be true, but Labour were led by the mumbleclown in 2018. I don't think there were many braying shire Tories crossing over to them. 

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

That may be true, but Labour were led by the mumbleclown in 2018. I don't think there were many braying shire Tories crossing over to them. 

That's true.

However also hilarious that Labour got Tony Blair to do some of their election material, a man who's opinion polling is lower than the last leader who is no longer in the party. Labour love to f**k it up.

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

In a master stroke for the SNP and Greens Jacob Rees Mogg has turned up in Edinburgh today :lol:

Dross must be delighted 🤣.

Nothing like a Baroness and buffoon to make inroads into the SNP and Labour vote around election time.  I take it that the Home Secretary was too busy? 

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Dross must be delighted 🤣.

Nothing like a Baroness and buffoon to make inroads into the SNP and Labour vote around election time.  I take it that the Home Secretary was too busy? 

She's manning the gunships in the channel.

37 minutes ago, virginton said:

Local elections are surely more about getting the vote out rather than swing voters. 

Corbyn did well in elections until the media hit the nuclear button in 2019.

Edited by Detournement

A new polling station for me this time, about half a mile from the previous one. 

Ironically, it demonstrates how poor (read, non-existent) the local facilities are in this area.