2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I just don’t like bad language.

You can express the same sentiments without using abusive language.

Maybe your vocabulary doesn’t extend very far?

No, I have an honours degree in English, so it’s not that. To be honest, that sometimes makes things more difficult, because when you know lots of words - sometimes that essentially very much the same thing - you have to make sure you’re selecting the words that you use accurately. I can’t recall ever using the phrase ‘tragic arse’ prior, but it now definitely does seem a handy boon to the old lexicon. 

4 minutes ago, red23 said:

Lot of people who don't understand that local council elections have utterly nothing to do with national politics and independence.

A lot of people are morons and of course the parties know this.  

I've worked out my top three for tomorrow and I know who is going last but in-between is a bit of a free-for-all.  I've mentioned on here a couple of times that there's an independent running in my ward who has done no campaigning and doesn't even seem to exist.  Where do I rank him?  Last or not at all?  Or do I just assume he isn't quite as bad as my least favoured candidates and bite the bullet and put him higher up?

6 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

No, I have an honours degree in English, so it’s not that. To be honest, that sometimes makes things more difficult, because when you know lots of words - sometimes that essentially very much the same thing - you have to make sure you’re selecting the words that you use accurately. I can’t recall ever using the phrase ‘tragic arse’ prior, but it now definitely does seem a handy boon to the old lexicon. 

Good answer.

5 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

This is pretty desperate 

Can't access twiiter on work PC - I assume this is the Hartlepool Tories? Absolute embarrassment.

Mind you, that's the constituency where one interviewee at the by-election was switching to Tory because "we didn't have any food banks when Labour were in power - now we have four".

1 hour ago, 101 said:

The lib Dems candidate for Dunfermline central had one flyer talking about opposing independence, I assume this was to stop fife declaring Indy from Scotland?

But they have been out in force I think trying to drive up their approval rating although the last poll I saw had them in a distant 5th

That approach deserves to meet with poor results. The (reckless) Tories already have that market sown up.

39 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Can't access twiiter on work PC - I assume this is the Hartlepool Tories? Absolute embarrassment.

Mind you, that's the constituency where one interviewee at the by-election was switching to Tory because "we didn't have any food banks when Labour were in power - now we have four".

No idea where that is tho. 

20220504_143428.jpg

55 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

No idea where that is tho. 

20220504_143428.jpg

Aye, that's the one. The full leaflet shows a graph of vote share with Labour's bar sporting a EU flag, while the cúnts tories' side is emblazoned with the Butcher's Apron. You can almost hear the dog-whistle.

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

we are living through the final days once more. Another meltdown, followed by the inevitable ban, then the creation of a "witty" new profile a few days or weeks later - denying any previous presence. The sad circle of PnB life yet it remains irresistible to the troller, and both fascinating and tiresome in equal measure for the rest of the board having to watch this cycle play out with such inevitability each time. Message board performance art in its truest form. 

TBF, it could be someone else trying to be amusing - reported to mods as 'either the latest sockpuppet of a multi-banned weirdo or someone at it, and either way, if it was any weaker it'd be a Coldplay record'. 

Should've probably added 'and about as amusing as going round your dad's house and finding him balls deep in the dog'.