2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 hours ago, Big Rider said:
I got this message through from our local Tory and Lib Dem gimps. The same gimps who are in a coalition to run the council at present. Nothing about what they've done whilst in office.

Not done surely?

Well that was the thing that got me. Nothing to brag about and nothing going forward from either of them.
Gimps!

Swaying towards Lib Dems at the moment or my first ever spoiled ballot. 

Local Tory has given 1 vague leaflet that's unspecific and "Indy bad" I also live in an area with some towns more affluent than the other areas and they don't seem to have stepped outside the affluent places. 

Nothing from Greens or Labour.

Independent at least mentioned everywhere equally and had local issues just not ones I'm overly fussed with. 

Lib Dem candidate has actually put some strong pledges in there that I agree with locally however I used to live next to them and was mates with their kid and he wasn't allowed to watch movies with age ratings, wasn't allowed a games console and had to go to bed at 6pm on the dot. Poor kid collected Hornby...

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

'Don't vote for us to improve your local area, vote for us to stop independence!' - Every Tory, Labour and Lib Dem candidate.

What ward are you in? The Lib Dems in Inverness West and Ness-Side don't even mention their party, let alone the SNP. Clever ploy imo.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What ward are you in? The Lib Dems in Inverness West and Ness-Side don't even mention their party, let alone the SNP. Clever ploy imo.

Inverness South, brother.

Only had one leaflet from someone other than the three main parties - from the Independence for Scotland Party, another splinter group.

It says Scotland is rich in oil & gas so why are families struggling, then talks about the impact of climate change locally. Yet doesn't seem to conflate fossil fuels with climate change or actually propose anything to reduce our emissions...

Also contained the phrase I'd seen a few times online: woman are adult human females. Presumably as they not also defining female, they just mean a woman is someone with female genitalia but don't want to say it?

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Only had one leaflet from someone other than the three main parties - from the Independence for Scotland Party, another splinter group.

It says Scotland is rich in oil & gas so why are families struggling, then talks about the impact of climate change locally. Yet doesn't seem to conflate fossil fuels with climate change or actually propose anything to reduce our emissions...

Also contained the phrase I'd seen a few times online: woman are adult human females. Presumably as they not also defining female, they just mean a woman is someone with female genitalia but don't want to say it?

Did they at least propose dates for genital inspections? The timing of these is a pressing local issue, I’m sure.

29 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Tragic arsery. 

we are living through the final days once more. Another meltdown, followed by the inevitable ban, then the creation of a "witty" new profile a few days or weeks later - denying any previous presence. The sad circle of PnB life yet it remains irresistible to the troller, and both fascinating and tiresome in equal measure for the rest of the board having to watch this cycle play out with such inevitability each time. Message board performance art in its truest form. 

On 29/04/2022 at 09:29, Scary Bear said:

Are the Lib Dems the only ones who actually ‘get’ that local elections should be about local issues?

I suppose the people standing must know what they are doing. Maybe the parties they represent have realised that the majority of the electorate aren’t that engaged and will usually just vote for the party they usually vote for.

The lib Dems candidate for Dunfermline central had one flyer talking about opposing independence, I assume this was to stop fife declaring Indy from Scotland?

But they have been out in force I think trying to drive up their approval rating although the last poll I saw had them in a distant 5th