2022 Scottish Local Elections 5th May ** Official Match Thread**

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

That poll can't be right. I read on this forum just about every day how bad the SNP are and there appears to be some background noise that Alba might do something, either positively for themselves or to damage the SNP. 

But...... but..... SNP first preference vote at 44%.... up 12? Eh? Alba at a hugely impressive 1%?

Nah, can't be right....  After all, Dross is playing a blinder, isn't he? 

No-one votes SNP. Independence is dead. Don't cha know. And if a decade or more of SNP command of the majority gives you any doubts. Just dismiss it as a outlier. Like the 2021 GE results. A mere blip.

Got my first bit of Tory pap through my door. NO TO INDYREF2 is the headline. No mention of Dross and no picture of the puddock. I guess he's too lightweight even for local elections.

Got my first bit of Tory pap through my door. NO TO INDYREF2 is the headline. No mention of Dross and no picture of the puddock.

Christ, what have the council elections got to do with Indyref?? And they say the SNP are obsessed

4 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Christ, what have the council elections got to do with Indyref?? And they say the SNP are obsessed

It’s all they have: riling up their core base of UKphiles/Little Britons in the hopes they’ll get them red-faced enough about Wee Nippy that they’ll get out and vote.

55 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Apparently potholes in Edinburgh streets are down to the SNP/Labour Cooncil's obsession with Indi preventing them being repaired.

According to the utter fucking roaster of a Tory candidate in my Ward anyway.

Edited by Boo Khaki

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

It has a lot to do with Indyref2.  Any drop in support for the Snp will be claimed by unionists to mean a drop in support for Independence.  It will also be used as a reason by the Snp to postpone Indyref2 again.  That is why it is important to vote for ALL pro independence candidates on your ballot, rank ALL pro independence candidates in order of your preference, even if it means ranking Alba.  Vote til you boak. 

I have heard that the Snp are asking members to vote only for them.  Why are they not asking people to vote for the greens too?  Can anyone confirm if that is true? If so then the Snp are actively encouraging people to vote against having pro independence councils, the greens are standing in a lot of wards. 

Anyone else had hardly anything through the door? I’ve had a letter from the Lib Dems with Alex Cole-Hamilton’s face on it which made me feel violently ill, but absolutely nothing else. 
I've had 1 Tory leaflet about a week ago. Nothing else.

51 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

It has a lot to do with Indyref2.  Any drop in support for the Snp will be claimed by unionists to mean a drop in support for Independence.  It will also be used as a reason by the Snp to postpone Indyref2 again.  That is why it is important to vote for ALL pro independence candidates on your ballot, rank ALL pro independence candidates in order of your preference, even if it means ranking Alba.  Vote til you boak. 

I have heard that the Snp are asking members to vote only for them.  Why are they not asking people to vote for the greens too?  Can anyone confirm if that is true? If so then the Snp are actively encouraging people to vote against having pro independence councils, the greens are standing in a lot of wards. 

It's literally illegal for party to advocate voting for other parties.

I'll rank the Tories before I vote for Alba 

26 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

So which will be the first Lucky Town that'll get an Alba candidate elected?

I don't know. I don't know if Alba will even get a single councillor elected.  I really hope they do though. 

Maybe with your help?  By ranking pro Independence parties higher in the rankings than unionist parties.  That could work.  

For example, if you are favouring Snp, then why not Snp 1, Green 2, Alba 3, ISP 4 then unionists 5 6 7 8 9 or whatever. Whatever combination of Pro Independence parties you vote for, make them higher than unionist parties.  

Maybe then a lucky town will get an Alba councillor. 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

If it is true that it is illegal for another party to advocate voting for another political party, then why in 2021 did Alba advocate Snp 1 Alba 2? 

And you would vote for a unionist party over an Independence party.  Its no wonder that Scotland is in the fucked up state it is in.  Hell mend you. 

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Unionist before Independence.  Wow. 

If that is how everyone else feels then Independence is well and truly fucked. We may as well forget it. 

Fucking hell man, I knew you were Snp but I never expected that. Tories before Alba, a pro Independence party. Politics has truly become a football team.  

Low blow, I'm out.  

Apparently potholes in Edinburgh streets are down to the SNP/Labour Cooncil's obsession with Indi preventing them being repaired.
According to the utter fucking roaster of a Tory candidate in my Ward anyway.

Wow, that really is cringeworthy stuff

1 hour ago, Kenneth840 said:

I don't know. I don't know if Alba will even get a single councillor elected.  I really hope they do though. 

Maybe with your help?  By ranking pro Independence parties higher in the rankings than unionist parties.  That could work.  

For example, if you are favouring Snp, then why not Snp 1, Green 2, Alba 3, ISP 4 then unionists 5 6 7 8 9 or whatever. Whatever combination of Pro Independence parties you vote for, make them higher than unionist parties.  

Maybe then a lucky town will get an Alba councillor. 

No Alba candidate in my ward and if there was they'd be getting ranked narrowly ahead of the Scottish Family Party.