Morton v Arbroath

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

So far we've had three utterly ridiculous fouls awarded against us, two Arbroath attacks stopped by the referee failing to play an obvious advantage, and then an offside based presumably on the ball just bouncing after Gaston's goal kick. What the f**k are they teaching these clowns at Largs? 

Not much, by the look of it.

Think we were a bit unfortunate to draw based on an excellent second half performance. Arbroath are no mugs, but we restricted them to almost nothing in the second half before the 80th minute. A combination of poor finishing and then some tremendous last-ditch clearances kept Arbroath's clean sheet.

The final set of subs - made because playing on that tar pit on Tuesday was an important factor - cost us all momentum though and we were hanging on in the closing stages. 

With results elsewhere I suspect Arbroath will be content with the draw, and with another game of Imrie's ban down I'm content with it as well. 

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Disappointing not to win after that second half, but that's us now played all the top five since Imrie took over with two wins and three draws. While the games with Arbroath have all been close, it's still solid progress.

13 points from the first two quarters under that gutless loser Gus and then the janny. 

18 points in the third quarter from Sir Douglas (including 3 games away from the touchline). The man's a fucking prodigy. 

Much better 2nd half from us and perhaps we could have nicked it in the end.

Our back 3 were immense, McEntee, Lithgow and Ledger just outstanding!

Referee spoiled the game with constant interruptions in play. Very poor refereeing today I have to say.

Arbroath are really well organised, disciplined and physical. And you can see why they are at the top end of the league. But credit to our guys who matched them especially after that mid-week game.

Not unhappy with a draw against a difficult side to play against   

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

13 points from the first two quarters under that gutless loser Gus and then the janny. 

18 points in the third quarter from Sir Douglas (including 3 games away from the touchline). The man's a fucking prodigy. 

I don’t care what  religion he is, he’s a great fitba’ manager.

😁

55 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I don’t understand bringing on Ford on 88 minutes. We were trying to win, not run the clock down. We were misfiring up front. Give the lad a chance. (Or don’t sign him?)

I think, ideally, we'd ease him in to a game we're 2 goals up (or throw him on a game we're 2 goals down) to give him the minutes. 

We ultimately have no idea if he is good enough for this level and there is only so much you can judge from training and bounce games. 

However, we don't want to stick him on in a crucial game we need something from and find out he isn't up to it.