Strip clubs to be banned?

ICTChris

I've heard this before. Not sure if it's a loonball conspiracy or if there's any truth to it.

She claimed her husband cut her hair during lockdown and it’s a scientific fact that Straight men are incapable of being hairdressers. It’s something to do with our wrists not being limp enough

What more scientific proof do you need

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I've heard this before. Not sure if it's a loonball conspiracy or if there's any truth to it.

When he told me this story, I laughed and said "jeez, that sounds like something straight off Facebook" - to which he just said nothing (as that was clearly the source).

We are in the realms of Brendan Rogers being a transvestite here...................

22 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

A weird interpretation of a move that was driven through by a Tory Councillor from Morningside on a council where the SNP only have 25% of the seats

Puritanism finds more and more fertile ground in Sturgeon’s Scotland.

Puritanism finds more and more fertile ground in Sturgeon’s Scotland.

That makes a little bit more sense than the first attempt.

However there are plenty of examples of similar stories playing out south of the border as well

Reading this report, for example, feels like someone has just done a find/replace to switch Edinburgh for Bristol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-59912052

If one were to say “Puritanism finds more and more fertile ground in Brexit Britain” instead then that would be just as valid in a very narrow sense but just as disingenuous in insinuating a causal link.

28 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That makes a little bit more sense than the first attempt.

However there are plenty of examples of similar stories playing out south of the border as well

Reading this report, for example, feels like someone has just done a find/replace to switch Edinburgh for Bristol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-59912052

If one were to say “Puritanism finds more and more fertile ground in Brexit Britain” instead then that would be just as valid in a very narrow sense but just as disingenuous in insinuating a causal link.

I think a casual link exists.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Maybe they should take a look at the 10 utterly massive American sweet shops on Princes St that have about 5 customers a day yet somehow keep opening more outlets.

I was in one in Glasgow the other day.

Unsurprisingly, I bought nothing, as it would almost have been cheaper to have a family holiday in Orlando than to actually pay the prices they charge

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I was in one in Glasgow the other day.

Unsurprisingly, I bought nothing, as it would almost have been cheaper to have a family holiday in Orlando than to actually pay the prices they charge

Best case scenario is the sherbet and cocaine have been mixed up when they have made their way over here.

16 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Wouldn't some of the strippers just go online, ie webcams or Onlyfans?

They'd be doing similar work and would be "objectified" in the same way. 

Absolutely nothing will be achieved in banning the clubs.

That'll be great. It adds a certain je ne sais quoi when there's pictures of the weans or dirty washing piled in the background.

When he told me this story, I laughed and said "jeez, that sounds like something straight off Facebook" - to which he just said nothing (as that was clearly the source).
We are in the realms of Brendan Rogers being a transvestite here...................

Did you hear about the transvestite from Lancashire?

He had a Wigan address

More than happy to say I've never visited a strip club. Do remember a casual debate at work years ago about the point of a lap dance when you weren't allowed to touch. One lad piped up, "Aye I know but sometimes they get that close to you, you can smell their fanny".
Did you work with@red23 ?

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Even if it is true - who the f**k cares?

I care. Not from the point of view that there’s anything wrong with it at all, but from the point of view that our society clearly has more work to do if the First Minister of the country feels that being open about her sexuality would negatively impact on her career or public profile. It’s incredibly sad if that’s the case. 

8 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Have they banned the sunbeds?

I’m not going to post anything that could see Div machine gunned in his hot tub but this nimby banning is doing something police have tried to do for about 20 years but couldn’t as there was a legitimate paper trail of accounts despite their suspicions where money may actually end up.