Strip clubs to be banned?

ICTChris

Only been to a strip club once, not long after turning 18, and it was one in the pubic triangle in Edinburgh (in tolcross I think?). My enduring memory was having an arse and fanny getting waved in my face in a blue light tinted room/booth setup. No touching though, which renders the whole thing pointless imo.

I've never once been in a strip club, never felt that i missed out. Even on stag do's always stayed away.

Traveling abroad to watch Scotland always ended with someone suggesting it.

Unrelated but I was once walking through Amsterdam's seedy streets after watching Scotland pumped 6-0 and a girl in a bra and pants started running after me shouting, excuse me.

I was with the wife and she was looking at me like, how do you know this prostitute?

When she caught up with me she asked, "how much is a fiver?"

I don’t know why you would enjoy going to a strip club with a group of your mates - particularly on a stag do when you presumably know each other very well and are familiar with one another’s spouses/kids/mothers. The concept has always made me feel uneasy. 

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don’t know why you would enjoy going to a strip club with a group of your mates - particularly on a stag do when you presumably know each other very well and are familiar with one another’s spouses/kids/mothers. The concept has always made me feel uneasy. 

Exactly! Strip clubs are an individual pursuit.

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

More than happy to say I've never visited a strip club. Do remember a casual debate at work years ago about the point of a lap dance when you weren't allowed to touch. One lad piped up, "Aye I know but sometimes they get that close to you, you can smell their fanny".

Another thing you shouldn't touch in those establishments is a finger buffet.

Quite the puritans on this thread. 

I have been a few times on stag do’s (mine was in Amsterdam) and also late at night with friends or even clients as we parted - my way to catch the 41 bus home. Usually had a beer or whisky and stayed for a dance or two or none. 

Now in my 50’s. Am I a dirty old man. Don’t actually care. In your 20’s you can see naked women in their 20’s and 30’s. Less so as a married 50 year old. 

If they closed them I would lose little sleep, but I also lose no sleep having been to lap dancing bars a handful of occasions. 

I went in to one on a #ladz holiday to Malia once. I believed the No touching rule was in place until the stripper grabbed my hands and put them on her tits. She also had a tattoo that said ‘Only god can judge me’ I hope he isn’t judging her. Probably a good time had by all.

A less good time was when a home stag night went into one of the ones in Glasgow. For a Saturday night it was full of weird old men there by themselves. The cash machine also charged £4.50 to make a withdrawal, needless to say no cash was withdrawn.

I find the whole thing sad and seedy bit also think fair play to the lassies for rinsing c***s, been in one in Carlisle which was my first and I just got an awful vibe, then in Prague on a stag where I sat and posted on the Ayr thread on here while drinking my 5 drinks I got as part of entry :lol: then went ahead to the next pub. 

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Quite the puritans on this thread. 

I have been a few times on stag do’s (mine was in Amsterdam) and also late at night with friends or even clients as we parted - my way to catch the 41 bus home. Usually had a beer or whisky and stayed for a dance or two or none. 

Now in my 50’s. Am I a dirty old man. Don’t actually care. In your 20’s you can see naked women in their 20’s and 30’s. Less so as a married 50 year old. 

If they closed them I would lose little sleep, but I also lose no sleep having been to lap dancing bars a handful of occasions. 

36 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

A less good time was when a home stag night went into one of the ones in Glasgow. For a Saturday night it was full of weird old men there by themselves.

My negative out look is probably based on going to one in Finland when United played MyPa (I was 22). I got a private dance and the girl said I could finger her for an extra 50 Euros I couldn't help thinking I should be the one getting fingered if I was handing over 50 Euros.