Strip clubs to be banned?

ICTChris

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Now that oil prices are back up Aberdeen should soon again be awash with offshore workers with spare income, limited time to spend it and a logistical obstacle in the way of forming a conventional romantic relationship

Have all the sheep moved out of Aberdeen?

The sex industry is the oldest in the world. It should be legal and for the well being of all involved free testing available.

Pushing it underground does nothing to stop it, just increases the risk for those involved.

We are such a backwards nation when it comes to sex.

The sex industry is the oldest in the world. It should be legal and for the well being of all involved free testing available.
Pushing it underground does nothing to stop it, just increases the risk for those involved.
We are such a backwards nation when it comes to sex.
Aye... The thing that struck me most about this when reading it on the BBC page was a lassie who works in a strip club who said "I don't want to have to go and find another job just because of the morals of some folk on a committee."

Nailed it for me. What a waste of time, and worse potentially putting folk in harms way, by criminalising something because some folk find it to be a bit seedy.

That should never, ever pass the test for criminality IMO. Need to be having a word with ourselves over stuff like this. Moral policing is a proper "where will it end" scenario and its nowhere good.

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

What? Tackling organised crime?

Edinburgh city council to ban taxis next? 

Allegedly of course, as a cash business I'm sure they have no ties to the world of organised crime. Absolutely not.

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

Allegedly of course, as a cash business I'm sure they have no ties to the world of organised crime. Absolutely not.

Not as soft a target though. Easy to just ban strip clubs. Less easy to ban taxis!

42 minutes ago, 101 said:

If you mean Private Hire taxis, then sure - one of those companies is, allegedly, ultimately owned by a guy from The Inch who is presently residing at HM pleasure.

However, most of the black cabs probably get most of their takings via electronic means these days - another reason why they look so fucking grumpy all the time.........

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not as soft a target though. Easy to just ban strip clubs. Less easy to ban taxis!

Maybe they should take a look at the 10 utterly massive American sweet shops on Princes St that have about 5 customers a day yet somehow keep opening more outlets.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

A symptom of Sturgeon’s Scotland.

My wife and I were out with a larger group for a meal last week and someones husband said that it was a well known fact that Nicola and her husband were gay, lived in different houses with their "real partners" and it was all on facebook.

How was your steak by the way?

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

My wife and I were out with a larger group for a meal last week and someones husband said that it was a well known fact that Nicola and her husband were gay, lived in different houses with their "real partners" and it was all on facebook.

How was your steak by the way?

I've heard this before. Not sure if it's a loonball conspiracy or if there's any truth to it.