Strip clubs to be banned?

ICTChris

Proposals are in front of Edinburgh council that could close the city’s lap dancing clubs, potentially signalling the end of the city’s notorious ‘Triangle’.

Following a Scottish government paper on violence against women and girls, Scottish councils were given the power to impose limits on ‘sexual entertainment venues’ in their jurisdiction. Councils can impose a licensing scheme and have powers to impose a zero limit. Some Strippers from the clubs have opposed the measures arguing they would put them in greater danger. Some councillors are strongly in support of imposing a zero limit.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/edinburghs-ban-on-strip-clubs-all-you-need-to-know-3579077

What are P&Bers views on the proposals?

Have any P&Bers ever visited a strip country or been employed in one?

Have any P&Bers ever ruined things for everyone?

Edited by ICTChris

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Proposals are in front of Edinburgh council that could close the city’s lap dancing clubs, signalling the end of the city’s notorious ‘Triangle’.

Following a Scottish government paper on violence against women and girls, Scottish councils were given the power to impose limits on ‘sexual entertainment venues’ in their jurisdiction. Councils can impose a licensing scheme and have powers to impose a zero limit. Some Strippers from the clubs have opposed the measures arguing they would put them in greater danger. Some councillors are strongly in support of imposing a zero limit.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/edinburghs-ban-on-strip-clubs-all-you-need-to-know-3579077

What are P&Bers views on the proposals?

Have any P&Bers ever visited a strip country or been employed in one?

Have any P&Bers ever ruined things for everyone?

The moral crusade in general society continues 

There was a similar moral crusade in the temperance movement in the early 20th century 

Worked out well with prohibition 

9 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Edinburgh City Council in continuing to be a shower of c***s shock.

Solidarity with the girls (and boys)

Looking forward to the Burke and Hare being turned into student flats.

Strip Clubs are fine when you're in your early 20s (maximum) but once you're past that stage it's just sad, middle aged men in by themselves paying a 19 year old to girate on them isn't the best look 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

Strip clubs are shite, as i've got older it seems every night out is dominated by chat "when we going to stippers then?" Work nights out almost always end up there, a bunch of sad middle age men acting like kids in a sweet shop.

Saying that my mates used to go when we were all 20/21 instead of pubs clubs so that's probably where my hatred and boredom of it comes from.

Edited by red23

34 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Going to a strip club is about the most tragic way I can imagine spending time and money. Fucking grim.

That said if women want to make money off these weirdos then good for them.

30 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Strip Clubs are fine when you're in your early 20s (maximum) but once you're past that stage it's just sad, middle aged men in by themselves paying a 19 year old to girate on them isn't the best look 

This and this. An integral part of the growing up part (ok 20+ years ago, idk if still relevant now) of early adult life. 

If anyone decides that’s how they want to earn a wage I’d be inclined to leave them to to it. And if a sad act contemporary of mine decides that he’s wanting to fund that, equally, his choice. Who’s exploiting who? They’re both grown ups.

I struggle with this new shift to a puritan Scotland. Can no one exercise personal choice anymore? We have to have the authorities legislate on everything they think we can and cannot be trusted with?

I used to frequent the Western bar regularly as my mate was dating one of the girls working there and we'd go up to meet her towards the end of her shift and go out for a couple of drinks after. The novelty wore off pretty quickly and I used to get told off for watching the football and not the girls.

A stag do about 6 years ago was probably the last time I was in one.