Queen’s Park v Montrose

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Interesting you both saw it as some kind of slur on Kilday. Nothing I said intimated that. Your saying more about yourself than me.

For clarity, another old crock who is is a risk to the stability of the starting line-up. You can add Grant, Gillespie, Longridge, and of course Murray to that. I sincerely hope we don’t go catching from that pond again.

You accused him of sitting down and walking off the field when it suited him, which is unfair.

If your point was that it was a mistake to fill a squad with injury-prone players, then I can't disagree with you.

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Try rereading your post.

There’s a lot of criticism, and sometimes it’s used as an excuse, for the injury list but maybe it’s distorted by players like Kilday who just sit down and walk off the field when it suits them.

That’s exactly what happened. Grant and Murray did the same thing, also more than once. Maybe it’s what professionals do now but it’s new to me as a QP fan. 

21 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Not sure about that. I thought Fox was miles better than anyone else today; he looked like he was actually interested, which is more than can be said for nearly everyone else (barring possibly Smith and Ferrie).

Yes but for as good as fox was he cost us the goal by losing his man

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Have some Montrose fans become a little entitled? Stewart Petrie has done fantastic job all things considered, a fantastic job. There are going to be ups and downs at club the size of Montrose, and winning when you’re on a bit of a down is something to be praised.

I don’t think my comments fall into that category .. they certainly weren’t intended to. The progress made under SP has been incredible and we’ve certainly no divine right to win games.  The point I was trying to make is that there have been warning signs over the last few weeks that we may be running out of steam. SP’s teams normally peak in the 4th quarter of the season and hopefully that trend will continue but recent performances have been slightly off. 

Excellent 3 points for the Mo and thoroughly deserved. Big Quinny and Dillon mopped up everything that Queens threw at them and Gardyne pulled the strings in midfield. Great team effort throughout on a terrible pitch. On that note, I think the pitch had a bearing on the goal. The keeper was expecting the ball to bounce up but it looks like it hit a rut and he dived over it. 

When are Queens hoping to move back to Lesser Hampden? The sooner the better.

12 hours ago, PortyMo said:

On that note, I think the pitch had a bearing on the goal. The keeper was expecting the ball to bounce up but it looks like it hit a rut and he dived over it. 

When are Queens hoping to move back to Lesser Hampden? The sooner the better.

It was a powerful header but at the time I thought "how did that go in?". After watching it back you're spot on. But that's why you're better to head downwards at goal. We had a similar free header from a corner second half which we put over the bar 

The plan is to be at Lesser for the start of next season.  

22 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Have some Montrose fans become a little entitled? Stewart Petrie has done fantastic job all things considered, a fantastic job. There are going to be ups and downs at club the size of Montrose, and winning when you’re on a bit of a down is something to be praised.

The pot calling the kettle black here?

QP sitting fourth in League 1 and the fans are seething! 😂

2 minutes ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

The pot calling the kettle black here?

QP sitting fourth in League 1 and the fans are seething! 😂

He's an Aberdeen fan but good effort mate.

Incidentally, any current displeasure is nothing to do with entitlement. We've won only two of our last 16 matches. That's abysmal form for any team, amateur or full time. 

15 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

He's an Aberdeen fan but good effort mate.

Incidentally, any current displeasure is nothing to do with entitlement. We've won only two of our last 16 matches. That's abysmal form for any team, amateur or full time. 

And with fanbases and entitlement, Aberdeen would be one of those teams with the greatest sense of it. 

11 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

not wanting to start ant rumours, but on Saturday I heard that Lesser Hampden will not be ready until well into next season at the earliest, ie 2023

There’s no rumour that’s new for QP fans. We’ve become a rumour machine. It’s all we have. Throw what you want at us. We can take it.