Queen’s Park v Montrose

Man that was grim and entirely predictable 

On the park we lack quality, confidence and desire right now and who the f**k knows what is going on off the park.

The previously labelled “ideal candidate” for head coach was sacked two months ago having proven to be a dud.

The guy brought in at great expense from Holland to revolutionise things behind the scenes is not able to do that job and being made to do a role he is ill suited for.

Silence from Leeann Dempster (as is usually the case outwith a comfortable media setting) and nothing from the Club President other than a pathetic email “update” a few weeks ago.

That was utterly horrific. Again absolutely zero desire from particular players by bottling tackles, alongside having no plan or clear way of breaking Montrose down. We created nothing and until Montrose scored, we continued to let their giant of a centre back have the freedom of firhill to have headers on goal from every set piece opportunity. Why are we so persistent on having two holding midfielders every game? It’s honestly ruining Brown’s game and you can tell his confidence is draining, yet we went for the tactical masterclass of having Jack Thompson pushed further forward instead who was unsurprisingly hooked for being utter guff again. Sound like a broken record but Fox showed again today how much better he is than everyone and that’s there’s not a chance we’ll keep a hold of him next season.

Longridge looks a shadow of the player he was prior to new year and whoever thought Mcbride and Darcy were gonna change our attacking fortunes must be on something. Lost wee boys

Justifiably these players deserve the criticism and for all the talk that some fans shouldn’t be criticising the players during games is utter nonsense. Obviously there’s boundaries but if people honestly think the odd shout from fans is seriously affecting the players then these guys shouldn’t be footballers. You hear a hell of a lot worse at most grounds in Scotland ranging from Celtic and rangers, all the way down to junior and amateur level 

We’ve been handed with a set of resources which most clubs in the bottom tiers could only dream of yet we’ve somehow managed to screw up every single aspect of the season. Stadium issues, picking firhill as a suitable ground, the manager situation, abject player recruitment and most importantly the communication with fans

I honestly feel like if we were guff as a team but we had clear plan on the goings on in the background then there wouldn’t been as much hostility or toxicity in certain aspects. Us as fans aren’t asking for the world, all we want is the bare minimum in communicating with the current situation every now and again but it’s sheer silence. It’s not hard to rectify but cause it’s been going for such a period of time, you feel totally detached from everything throughout the club. We’ve literally made zero public announcement on why the manager situation is taking so long. A bigger fan base wouldn’t stand for that. Simply unacceptable Dempster 

Edited by qpfc

2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Dempster's management and the recruitment during Jan/Feb has ruined our season. I really think Dempster is a fraud.

She’s the Laird’s sock puppet. Simple as that. She started her presentation at the AGM with an apology to members for investing all her time on the development side. A real CEO wouldn’t start a meeting with an apology. And she’s focussed on the development and community issues because that’s what she was positioned to do. A reliable source told me Haughey’s only interested in the stadium and development. He makes decisions, she’s the implementer. The first team’s well-being is on the committee. Hence why no manager. They’ve made so many bad choices these last two years they’re sitting on their hands. Headlights. Rabbit.

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Silence from Leeann Dempster (as is usually the case outwith a comfortable media setting) and nothing from the Club President other than a pathetic email “update” a few weeks ago.

I still can’t decide if she’s a fraud or is she’s not involved enough. Surely she’s got enough fitba nouse about her to have recruited a manger by now - so where’s the issue? 

Haughey, Dempster, committee and now Beuker. Who’s actually in charge and who’s actually accountable? 

Ohh and I take it we’re still on course for those Lesser Hampden test events in April, yeah? 

Honking. 

1 hour ago, notsofedupendie said:

Wow … that has to be the worst, eye bleedingly grim game of “football” I’ve seen in a long long time.  Obviously, the pitch was largely to blame but neither team created much.  Having nicked a goal we just sat back in our own half for the whole 2nd half while QP huffed and puffed without looking like scoring. We’ve been miles off it since Xmas and there wasn’t much (result aside) I saw today that fills me with hope for the playoffs. We look sluggish all over the pitch the last few weeks. As for QP … some tidy midfielders and a strong defence. Going to be interesting to see if you can hold off Falkirk for 4th place. 

Unfortunately that’s two eye-bleeders we’ve had in a week. Mo deserved the win because they played to their strengths on a 1970s surface and we didn’t adapt in any way; shape, tactics, individuals performance. We looked better in the second half but the Mo defence never really looked stretched. We got exactly what was deserved for a performance like that.

Beuker mentioned after the Clyde game that his new style would take “5 or 6” weeks to bed in. That was 6 games ago. We’ve gotten worse in that time. His continued embarrassing presence in the technical area is going to make a decent coach think twice about working for him. He might well be something amazing for a ten year plan but he’s way out his depth at the moment. Not his fault.

The committees behaviour towards their last three coaches, dismissing them in the middle of a contract under curious circumstances, will cast serious doubts in the mind of any candidates in the ‘up and coming’ category. And for experienced coaches, they will simply want the McKinnon model of buy-to-win, which has already been dismissed as non-viable. And very publicly at that by the naive CEO who loves to court the media. Why would a distinguished first team coach be bothered about a ten year plan on a two year contract? The committee are between a rock and a hard place. 

Recruitment has been indifferent and injuries a problem. The net result is that Marijn Beuker has to select a starting eleven from a squad lacking firepower and including a number of players unsuited to playing on the type of surface we saw at Firhill today.

7 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

Recruitment has been indifferent and injuries a problem. The net result is that Marijn Beuker has to select a starting eleven from a squad lacking firepower and including a number of players unsuited to playing on the type of surface we saw at Firhill today.

They’re rubbish on astroturf as well

See Brown got Queens man of the match…Fox was by far the best Queens player on the pitch ….Brown in my opinion is played in totally the wrong position..should be further up the park and nothing to do with defending thought he was poor alongside nearly every other QP player today …just a couple of days to sign a striker or our season is finished.

Never thought this game would ever be a classic and it turned out exactly that way. Awful pitch condition meant neither team could play any kind of decent football. Quinn’s header aside, there was rarely anything to trouble either keeper. Queens went close with a free kick, looked far too close for my liking but that was maybe just due to my vantage point. Happy to get back up the road with 3 points and zero injuries from the tattie field 

4 minutes ago, OMalley58 said:

The fact Brown got man of the match says a lot. He did not deserve MOTM but then again nobody did today. 

Not sure about that. I thought Fox was miles better than anyone else today; he looked like he was actually interested, which is more than can be said for nearly everyone else (barring possibly Smith and Ferrie).

7 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Dempster's management and the recruitment during Jan/Feb has ruined our season. I really think Dempster is a fraud.

I was talking to a member at the game today and he told me that he had e-mailed the CEO in January and it took her 3 weeks to reply to him, but of course she was very busy with recruitment at that time.

Insipid stuff. A total disaster of a season that doesn’t look like it’s going to improve any time soon.

Don’t see why any coach worth their salt would want to work under Beuker (a guy who has proven in recent weeks that he can’t manage a team).

He, and the whole ‘project’, have been hung out to dry by Dempster and the committee.

Lord Haughey isn’t the kind of man who wastes money. Penny for his thoughts.

Had a strange feeling close to relief when I found out Falkirk had won their game at the end. Part of me wants them to motor on and win a few games so we can cut the pretense of us challenging for the playoffs. Just feel a total disconnect from the team and the club at the moment.

We're now 11 points behind Montrose, a part-time team. I thought they looked well-organised and totally deserved the win, but for a squad of professional players that's an absolute joke.

The last time we won promotion under MacPherson, as an amateur side, in our first season in League One we were on 35 points with 10 games left. This season we're on 36 points with 10 games left.

Some people were happy to see Bob McHugh out of the lineup yesterday but it was clear we missed his link up play and nothing was sticking up front.

Also, I know Murray wasn’t having an amazing season before his injury but I think the team is sadly missing him at the moment.