Queen’s Park v Montrose

55 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I know you've had a hell of a lot of draws, mostly from winning positions, but still that stat surprises me. I thought Queen's looked well organised in the last game against us and in the one before looked lively with a good passing game. 

After all the draws now I can understand the attitude of Spiders fans. Wins, not excuses, ensure you cement a playoff place and have a chance to go up.

We’ve done well against Cove tbf. I’d actually have fancied us to go on and win the first game at the Balmoral if Murray hadn’t sold the jerseys. Our games against similarly resourced sides have actually been acceptable in terms of results and performances.

Six points from fifteen against the bottom two is an entirely different story. Nobody would be asking for or expecting maximum points because that’s not how football works, but nobody can spin a case for that being an acceptable return.

49 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Would it be out of order to say I'd be happy with a draw in this one?

Ideally followed by 2 wins

Whilst it wouldn’t be disastrous, we need wins. Not just the odd one dotted in here or there. A five or six game spell where we win the majority. Even a win on Saturday means nothing unless it’s backed up by a few more.

Falkirk's disastrous season has kept us in fourth place despite our lack of wins. There's maybe a wee wobble from the Mo and a win on Saturday and on Tuesday would have us up their erse.  The only team we can beat consistently, Dumbarton, next week. It's a big 8 days for us; perhaps season-defining.

27B00805-242D-4ECA-880D-FFF85D003F25.jpeg.eaa5f505689857a6a8f574820b7eda6f.jpeg

I like Doyle, but this is bollocks. We have a 28% win record with the most pampered squad in the league. To pretend anyone is asking for a repeat of last season is insulting and yet another pass of the buck. No wonder there is a complete disconnect between fans, players and the club in general. You can’t have the amateur QP mentality if you want the professional QP perks. Shut up and win a few games. 

A bit unfair on the guy, AN86. We're looking for a bit of passion and the guy gives it. We need more of it. I don't think he's saying that we'd have the season we had last year.

No two ways about it, the season has been a massive disappointment, on and off the park. Everyone knows that we've underperformed, that's a given, and the frustration is understandable. Unbelievably, we're still in the mix for the play offs, although we all hoped that we'd be tussling for top spot rather than tussling with anyone for 5th.

If there is any saving grace, it's that we could be Falkirk.

26 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

A bit unfair on the guy, AN86. We're looking for a bit of passion and the guy gives it. We need more of it. I don't think he's saying that we'd have the season we had last year.

No two ways about it, the season has been a massive disappointment, on and off the park. Everyone knows that we've underperformed, that's a given, and the frustration is understandable. Unbelievably, we're still in the mix for the play offs, although we all hoped that we'd be tussling for top spot rather than tussling with anyone for 5th.

If there is any saving grace, it's that we could be Falkirk.

Well said Diehard, an86's comments are again over the top. As we do not have an out and out goalscorer we cannot score goals. That is the fault of the club, not the players.  

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

No disagreement on Doyle. Nobody shows more commitment on the park for us. However, “people might think we should be doing that again” in relation to winning the league is guff from him. There’s a big expanse of land between a 28% win record and expecting to win the league.

The “please stick with us” as well. They’ve been supported home and away all season with the fans trying to push them home for three points, singing etc. A few shouts and boos doesn’t change that. We have stuck with them. It’s time for the squad to look at themselves and stop making excuses.

Montrose players will have trained twice this week in dark, wintry conditions, after days of doing a shift at work. Looks like we had a nice indoor session after our chef prepared breakfast and nice rest afterwards. Let’s see who wants this more today. There is no excuse for it not being us. 

There’s a big expanse of land between a 28% win record and expecting to win the league.
The “please stick with us” as well. They’ve been supported home and away all season with the fans trying to push them home for three points, singing etc. A few shouts and boos doesn’t change that. We have stuck with them.

For balance our loss rate is 12% so with a decent striker...
It's felt like more than a few shouts and boos in recent weeks but if that's your way of sticking with the team...

4 hours ago, an86 said:

27B00805-242D-4ECA-880D-FFF85D003F25.jpeg.eaa5f505689857a6a8f574820b7eda6f.jpeg

I like Doyle, but this is bollocks. We have a 28% win record with the most pampered squad in the league. To pretend anyone is asking for a repeat of last season is insulting and yet another pass of the buck. No wonder there is a complete disconnect between fans, players and the club in general. You can’t have the amateur QP mentality if you want the professional QP perks. Shut up and win a few games. 

I have liked a lot of what you have posted previously; however, this is nonsense; "complete disconnect between fans (and) players"   deary me!

I for one have enjoyed watching the efforts of the players this season - if not the end-result - but cannot fault their commitment and obvious desire to play in a certain way, learn and improve. 

12 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

For balance our loss rate is 12% so with a decent striker...
It's felt like more than a few shouts and boos in recent weeks but if that's your way of sticking with the team...

The object of the game is to win. Not draw. We’re not plucky underdogs anymore. For a full-time professional football club in the third tier of Scottish football to fail to win more than 70% of their games is indefensible.

Personally, I do get behind the team and don’t target individuals during the game. Last week was the second time in 20+ years I’ve ever booed a QP team and, even then, the first time was really aimed at the manager. It’s not something I enjoy doing. There comes a point where the players have to know it’s not good enough, though.

Part of me hopes they do feel like the a section fans are against them. The thought of getting it up folk might drive them on. Nothing else has. 

22 minutes ago, an86 said:

The object of the game is to win. Not draw. We’re not plucky underdogs anymore. For a full-time professional football club in the third tier of Scottish football to fail to win more than 70% of their games is indefensible.

Put your keyboard down and step back.

A quick look at any league and you will spot that very rarely do any team win more than 50% of their games.  

5 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Put your keyboard down and step back.

A quick look at any league and you will spot that very rarely do any team win more than 50% of their games.  

28% is not anywhere near 50%. Most full-time teams, with one of the biggest budgets in the league, win more than 28% of their games. 

Anyway, let’s hope we can kick on today and over the next few. Despite my gripes, I’ll be behind the team from the start and hoping the can show what we know they’re capable of.

Wow … that has to be the worst, eye bleedingly grim game of “football” I’ve seen in a long long time.  Obviously, the pitch was largely to blame but neither team created much.  Having nicked a goal we just sat back in our own half for the whole 2nd half while QP huffed and puffed without looking like scoring. We’ve been miles off it since Xmas and there wasn’t much (result aside) I saw today that fills me with hope for the playoffs. We look sluggish all over the pitch the last few weeks. As for QP … some tidy midfielders and a strong defence. Going to be interesting to see if you can hold off Falkirk for 4th place.