Queen’s Park v Montrose

Montrose impressed me at Firhill. They were everything you need to be in terms of doing the basics right. Unsurprisingly, both games between the two sides have ended 1-1. I expect another tight game, but we need to start winning. No excuses, no passing the buck. Time for the players to step up.

Have we used our quota of loans? I know there’s another week of that window to go. It’s not ideal to have ended up with the patchwork squad of loanees we currently have, but we could really do with someone up front. 

46 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Tough one to call. They will be without Lyons after his sending off? That helps the balance. We really need a win both for confidence and league position but the way we are playing just now it is difficult to see it happening. 1-1 best result I can see.

Lyons' red card is being appealed, but I'd be surprised if he played anyway, the Firhill surface isn't really one to suit his game

Montrose are a fine side but our first half showing at Links Park when we bossed the game gives me some hope.

Unfortunately our second half showing in the same game gives me the fear.

A draw in a game like this isn't a bad result in isolation. But, of course, given the run we're on, draws aren't any good to us really. I fully expect Falkirk to start winning games once Griffiths gets up to speed

1 hour ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Looking at our recent performances, and the Spiders, its got draw written all over it.

But its a must win for both sides, to get back into winning ways

You boys like a draw!

image.thumb.png.f3f7a3eb6768a42e2122b80f2e4376d3.png

Not sure ‘like’ is the best description, getting a bit tedious tbh. Mo aren’t far behind with the draws. Two well matched teams. A game of two halves probably.

Now that Beuker has been exposed as a football hooligan, does that red card mean he can’t be in the technical area now?

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

image.thumb.png.f3f7a3eb6768a42e2122b80f2e4376d3.png

Not sure ‘like’ is the best description, getting a bit tedious tbh. Mo aren’t far behind with the draws. Two well matched teams. A game of two halves probably.

Now that Beuker has been exposed as a football hooligan, does that red card mean he can’t be in the technical area now?

Aye, it's getting tedious alright, we have more than our fair share also

Tough one to call this been a tough couple weeks for Montrose not really hit the standards we have set.I wouldn't be surprised if we pull off a victory  thoughwe are due one and Saturday would be a good start and getbthe show back on the road.

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

well it has games on Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday - it would be remarkable if they all go ahead

Heard they are sowing crops on the wings at Firhill, should be sprouting by the time we come in April.

Queen's being a passing side with technically gifted midfielders would have surely benefitted more from ground sharing with a team with a plastic pitch. Sure I've seen this mentioned on the QP forum.

Should be an intriguing game. Both teams needing to get back on a winning streak

Edited by CoveRangers1922

13 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Queen's being a passing side with technically gifted midfielders would have surely benefitted more from ground sharing with a team with a plastic pitch. Sure I've seen this mentioned on the QP forum.

I'm sure we've all mentioned it. Many times. 

14 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

They’ve been extremely average on synthetic pitches as well. Could be slightly out, but a quick skim suggests we’ve won one in league game in twelve on these surfaces. I’ve had enough of excuses being made for them. The manager situation, the pitch etc. No set of players in this league has it better than ours. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

They’ve been extremely average on synthetic pitches as well. Could be slightly out, but a quick skim suggests we’ve won one in league game in twelve on these surfaces. I’ve had enough of excuses being made for them. The manager situation, the pitch etc. No set of players in this league has it better than ours. 

I know you've had a hell of a lot of draws, mostly from winning positions, but still that stat surprises me. I thought Queen's looked well organised in the last game against us and in the one before looked lively with a good passing game. 

After all the draws now I can understand the attitude of Spiders fans. Wins, not excuses, ensure you cement a playoff place and have a chance to go up.