Ross County v St. Johnstone - Sat, 26th Feb

" userid="81095"] County's midfield 3 Tillson, Paton & Callachan have had a very good day.
The exact opposite of ours. Aggressive and battling. We've spent years in this division winning games in that area only to have the likes Butterfield and Crawford hiding most weeks now.

Nice summary of why we're down here.

Play well, get the lead, concede soft goal, collapse on and off the park. 

Only positive is that this result surely ends the monotonous drone of the "super Saints" fans who've been claiming we can still finish 9th or higher.

We're not dead yet. Need a big response from that but it feels like the closing of a door in terms of reaching 10th.

The day the Great Escape died. 

We're finishing either 11th or 12th. I can't say it's not deserved; we go through phases but we're prone to playing like a Championship side. That said, with Clark in goal I suspect this would have finished 1-1. 

The biggest concern is our inability to play as a team. I suspect that's partly due to so many new players, but it was also a problem prior to the January window. Between defence, midfield and attack, it's like we're fielding three separate teams with three different objectives every week. I feel the blame for that falls squarely at Davidson's feet. 

We're like a deer in headlights the moment we reach the opposition's half. No one can think on the ball, everyone wants to get rid of it as soon as it's at their feet. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Play well, get the lead, concede soft goal, collapse on and off the park. 

This is almost an exact summary of what St Johnstone used to do to us.

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

This is almost an exact summary of what St Johnstone used to do to us.

Yeah we've turned into everything we used to love playing against this season. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only positive is that this result surely ends the monotonous drone of the "super Saints" fans who've been claiming we can still finish 9th or higher.

Yes you’ll be happy that your super negative prediction is coming true. Well done.

Edited by Sh*teAndMuck

Reagan Charles Cook is just so, so much better than anything any other team in the bottom six has to offer. I felt like for the first half we pretty well marshalled him and Hungbo and stopped them from driving at us too much - but he's got the quality to punish you as soon as he gets a look at goal and that's pretty much exactly what County did. After the third goes in County started to play through us much better - but at that stage we've conceded three from situations that really shouldn't be dangerous - a break from a 50/50 tackle, a long throw that misses everyone and a knock down from a long ball. For my money Clark probably saves the second and third - Parish is just clearly not up to this level.

First half hour was fine and it's a nice goal from our perspective. We looked comfortable enough until we lose that goal without creating much of anything, but from then on its a capitulation. Nothing going forward until it is far too late, and yet again absolutely crazy subs. Crawford and Butterfield off for Gilmour and May might have been a start. Sticking Middleton at LWB is never an option.

Playoffs at best now unless something miraculous happens.

All got a bit farcical last half hour again. Cifici dropping incredibly deep (playing wide in a three?), two wingers at full back. We seem to have such a lack of plan to chase games.

Big issues today a keeper that isn't anywhere good enough and too many midfielders that aren't mobile or tough enough to battle in this division.

6 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Yes you’ll be happy that your super negative prediction is coming true. Well done.

I'll be glad I'll stop getting abuse for saying we'll be finishing in the bottom two, yes.

1 minute ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Spot on. As soon as this happened, game was done.

It's crazy. 5 minutes later Hungbo has wandered infield unmarked and rattled the game ending goal in.

Great stuff.

Sorry but with zander in goals today we would have probably won that as Elliot Parish should have done better with all three goals today.

Second half we were poor and it showed how much we get from Murray Davidson and Liam Craig on their game.

At least Dundee are as bad. 

5 minutes ago, akuram said:

Sorry but with zander in goals today we would have probably won that as Elliot Parish should have done better with all three goals today.

Second half we were poor and it showed how much we get from Murray Davidson and Liam Craig on their game.

At least Dundee are as bad. 

Not sure he gets the first, but the other two, I would agree.

I expected a draw at best today so delighted with the result. Thought it was a poor first half, but we looked so much better in the second.

Regan is having a great season and both his goals today were excellent.  Credit to Hungbo for his neat finish. With Dundee losing as well means we push further away from the bottom. Credit to the players and management for the result and a hard earned 3 points.

Edited by silver