Goal Songs/Songs in Stadiums

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Sorry man but I think you are in the minority here. SOL is a tremendous anthem. Favourite renditions include League Cup final 2007, Edinburgh derby 2017 and of course the Scottish Cup final win.

Apology accepted. It’s godawful though. There are times when I’m delighted to be the minority, and this is certainly one of those times. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

We have the terrible rock version of our “who won the Scottish league in 1965” song playing every home game and I hate it. It’s tinpot as f**k anyway just with the lyrics if you ask me but the shitty rock version was recorded before the 97 Scottish Cup final I believe and 25 years later sounds even worse now.

Sorry just realized the song is called Glory Glory Ayrshire Killie but I absolutely hate it 

ps - liked the old fashioned original version.

Edited by Sortmeout

I did not play goal music during my brief stint doing the PA at Somerset.  

Spoiler

We did score in every game. 

Brought this back from the dead

Edited by itzdrk

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

After the cup double I suggested that St Johnstone should adopt Fiction Factory’s ‘Feels Like Heaven’ as a club anthem. Sung by a Perth band, the song gained some attention after it was covered by another local band for ‘A View From The Terrace’ in the build up to the cup final. For me it would be a perfect song to play immediately after the full time whistle at every home game because I think it suits well whatever the result. It can be interpreted as both uplifting or sorrowful IMO. I also think in time fans could join in, scarfs aloft, following a memorable victory.

Fucking Hell, were they in a fire?

Add me to the "music after a goal is fucking shite" bandwagon. 

Fan reaction should be authentic and in the moment, resulting on whatever chant is appropriate at the time. Not some manufactured bollocks some c**t in an office has pre-loaded ready to go. Chelsea Dagger and 500 miles being the worst culprits from a Scotland point of view.

Not related, but none of yer announcer pish either with the pause after shouting the goalscorers first name waiting for the crowd to shout out the surname. Fine for the Bundesliga with 40,000+ crowds. Fucking brass neck at Firhill with barely 2,000 there.

On 20/02/2022 at 20:21, Cptn Hooch said:

Years ago when Livi changed back to a black home kit the tagline for the release was back in black...but we still played let's get ready to rumble from the space jam soundtrack. Total missed chance to play back in black by AC/DC.

We 100% used Back in Black for a few games but I think there ended up being some stupid issue about licensing over the music. Something utterly daft

6 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

and whilst on the subject ... what's a (home) goal? ...

After reading some of the comments on here about how emotional people get over Sunshine on Leith, I can only assume a “home goal” for some is finding the perfect flowery curtains to match their sofa, or finally completing their collection of porcelain pigs for the mantelpiece. 

19 hours ago, JD and associates said:

A game that happened over 13 years ago and you’re on here laughing at the dance music after your team lost a goal you need to get a life son if you found that so funny and it happened 13 years ago you ought to get out more

Calm down mate, it's a thread about goal songs in stadiums. Sorry my contribution isn't recent enough for you.

I'm not usually one to start an argument with people, but this Sunshine on Leith nonsense is like everybody developed a massive case of Emperor's new clothes. I hasten to add that I would feel the same way if it wasn't Hibs' song, but I think it's absolutely shite. I can't stand Celtic either, but you can't deny You'll Never Walk Alone is a top song. SoL is poor both lyrically and musically, and it's just totally insipid and uninspiring. 

Pish

People can say goal music is terrible but there's something oddly endearing about sitting at New Douglas Park - in an away support numbering no more than 50 - and hearing "Bits & Pieces" blaring out over a terrible speaker system as your team goes 2-0 down.

I liked the one the Dons used to play after a goal ......the Woo-Hoo !! bit of Song 2 by Blur.   Stating the obvious , but we were already on the high of scoring and the wee snatch of Song 2 certainly didn’t spoil the mood. And I like that song 

I think we played the. Carnival de Paris pish whenever Sam Cosgrove scored after he’d become a contender for the Ballon d’Or.....(no, seriously!). It was pish but I joined in anyway.

14 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Which club used to play some kind of trumpet/horn (easy!) Sound when they got a corner? Was either Killie, Livi or Celtic. Fucking embarrassing.

Can't remember us doing it but it sounds absolutely embarrassing