Raith Rovers v Partick Thistle - 26th Feb

Playing one of the poorest form teams in the league ought to be as good as you could hope for after a home defeat, but we could turn up to Starks Park with a European select and I still wouldn't be confident of a win. 

Whether he has a leg knock or is in the final throes of the Black Death, Tiffoney plays.

25 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Willie Collum in charge for this one. Our last 10 league games with him in charge.

2-2 v Accies
0-2 v Kilmarnock
1-4 v Dundee Utd
1-4 v Ayr
1-2 v Dundee Utd
1-2 v Dundee Utd
0-4 v Ross County
1-2 v Dundee
0-3 v Rangers
2-2 v Rangers

:unsure2:

That just points out that we were shit.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Spirit of Excellence bottles not wasted then? 

No Al they are sacrosanct.

They will remain locked away until the day comes when we can attract enough people to a tasting.....f**k knows when, but when the bottles do come out the money raised will likely be ring-fenced until we can trust those at the club not to spend it on rapists etc.

Willie Collum in charge for this one. Our last 10 league games with him in charge.
2-2 v Accies
0-2 v Kilmarnock
1-4 v Dundee Utd
1-4 v Ayr
1-2 v Dundee Utd
1-2 v Dundee Utd
0-4 v Ross County
1-2 v Dundee
0-3 v Rangers
2-2 v Rangers

I don’t have the stats for our last 10 with him in charge but from what I can remember, he seems pretty decent in games we have him

5 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

2-2 v Accies
0-2 v Kilmarnock
1-4 v Dundee Utd
1-4 v Ayr
1-2 v Dundee Utd
1-2 v Dundee Utd
0-4 v Ross County
1-2 v Dundee
0-3 v Rangers
2-2 v Rangers

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I don’t have the stats for our last 10 with him in charge but from what I can remember, he seems pretty decent in games we have him

2-4 vs Accies

2-1 at Hearts

0-2 vs Hibs

2-0 vs Livi

1-0 at Ayr

5-0 vs Morton

2-1 at Dundee

0-0 at Livi

1-3 at Killie

1-0 vs Killie

Net is 4-1-5

There's no chance of this happening due to fitness issues and Mccall's love of central players but I think this line up would give us the least amount of square pegs in round holes for a while. 

Sneddon

Foster

Akinola 

Mayo

Holt 

Docherty 

Bannigan 

McAllister 

Turner / Crawford 

Tiffoney 

Graham 

Edited by Fuctifano

33 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

There's no chance of this happening due to fitness issues and Mccall's love of central players but I think this line up would give us the least amount of square pegs in round holes for a while. 

Sneddon

Foster

Akinola 

Mayo

Holt 

Docherty 

Bannigan 

McAllister 

Turner / Crawford 

Tiffoney 

Graham 

4-2-3-1 makes so much sense now that Rudden is away, and I agree mostly with that lineup although would probably have Smith in the #10 role.

McCall is obsessed with his 4-4-2 though so I can’t see us using a formation that actually fits our personnel.

There's snow in Kirkcaldy and supposedly more to come, Partick may yet face a scenario like we did 12 years ago when we played 3 games in 4 days January then 7 games in 19 days in March. It was a season of back to back fixtures Airdrie, Ross C and the Pars.....and a Scottish Cup semi final thrown in as a bonus. 

12 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

4-2-3-1 makes so much sense now that Rudden is away, and I agree mostly with that lineup although would probably have Smith in the #10 role.

McCall is obsessed with his 4-4-2 though so I can’t see us using a formation that actually fits our personnel.

It would also mean that we don’t have MacIver as our only real striker on the bench - a guy who’s only notable skill appears to be winning headers but then not directing them to any of his teammates.

I’d be inclined to have Turner on the pitch whenever possible, purely for the fact that his set pieces will always be a threat even in games, like Tuesday, where nothing in open play is coming off for us.

But I agree with you that we’re likely to stick with 4-4-2 with guys out of position. 

There's snow in Kirkcaldy and supposedly more to come, Partick may yet face a scenario like we did 12 years ago when we played 3 games in 4 days January then 7 games in 19 days in March. It was a season of back to back fixtures Airdrie, Ross C and the Pars.....and a Scottish Cup semi final thrown in as a bonus. 
I can't see it affecting the game unless it's bad down pratt Street. It's not really lying up by the retail park

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:
37 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I can't see it affecting the game unless it's bad down pratt Street. It's not really lying up by the retail park

Depends on what's still to come, forecast wasn't great. Hopefully it misses us. 

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

Even with snow on our pitch, it will still be better than Firhill

The trench-filled beaches at the Battle of Normandy would have had a better playing surface than Firhill has right now.

Edited by Jacky1990

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

The trench-filled beaches at the Battle of Normandy would have had a better playing surface than Firhill has right now.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

If there was a herd of elephants trampling up and down Starks Park during the match,  it will still be better than Firhill. 

So I took this as a wee bit of joshing until I looked over the Partick v Morton highlights, and that is an incredibly bad condition for a pitch. I see six home matches left in a 59 day period, including hame games on 4/3 and 8/3, which allow very little recovery time. I also see rain forecast the day before the first match and on the day of the second, which isn’t likely to be a good thing either.

So I’ve always seen complaints about Firhill’s surface, what’s the real problem?