Raith Rovers v Partick Thistle - 26th Feb

27 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Decent turn out probably 300 Partick fans so 1400 home fans and full hospitality can't wait for the sandwich boards to be out.

McGlynn will drive the rest of the crowd away with the dross he puts on the pitch each week anyway so one way or the other we're gubbed.

38 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Varian coming off was very harsh, should have been bold and went 2 up top tbh.

I thought Varian was very good today, but I thought he was knackered with about 20 minutes left, as was Williamson.

Can't understand why we didn't just make a double sub, rather than two a couple of minutes apart, as a double sub would have given us the option of two further stops in play if we'd suffered an injury later on.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

He did try to sign someone who signed for someone else apparently. I don't think lacking a natural striker cost us today. We didn't really force sneddon into too many saves anyway. We were wasteful and looked short of confidence whenever we did get near their box. Too many aimless crosses or punts up the park/ out the park to ever really say we deserved to win the game. We were the better team over the 90 minutes but neither team created much.

Am I the only one who noticed zannata just completely chuck it at one stage then go mental at poplatnik for chasing down the lost cause, then subsequently not being able to pass through two defenders to him after doing the hard work? Sorry to use a rather outdated comparison, but you couldn't get a fag paper under him when the ball comes near him in the air either. I'm pretty confident Connolly would beat him in the air 9/10. He's a waste of a Jersey when he is playing with his head down, like he constantly is now.

Zannata is a lazy cnut,simple.Its frustrating as he shown that he could be a really good player

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

Am I the only one who noticed zannata just completely chuck it at one stage then go mental at poplatnik for chasing down the lost cause, then subsequently not being able to pass through two defenders to him after doing the hard work? 

Zanatta was berating Liam Dick for playing the "lost cause" ball down into the channel rather than passing it into the feet of Zanatta or the other man out on the line (I want to say it was Connolly, but I'm not sure why they'd both be on that wing). 

It doesn't excuse not chasing it down himself, but I think you'd slightly misread that there. 

Zanatta is eternally frustrating. We know how good he can be but when it's not working for him, absolutely nothing works. If anything was going to happen today it probably would've had to come through Zanatta, but too many attacks ended with him too. 

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I assumed Varian was knackered given it’s his first start for a while.

Bene got MOTM, I thought he played well but what a class act Stanton is. I can’t wait to get Spencer in beside him.

Bene got MOTM from the hospitality folk. Stanton got MOTM from the fans on the App.

Thought Tumilty was back to close to his best yesterday. Several marauding runs up the park, probably the fittest player in the team. Stanton was excellent, breaks up play but also a real driving force from the middle of the park, a real complete midfielder. I’d also have Connolly on the park from the start most weeks. His first touch and general ability to get us up the park and into dangerous areas is really undervalued. Zanatta is frustrating as when he is on his game we all know, like at the start of the season, he is comfortably one of the best wingers in the league, but there were several times today where I think he was hiding and not really looking for the ball. I’m also insistent that we play that formation from now on, and we never see 5 at the back ever again. That’s probably the best we have played since we beat Killie at home in about fucking November.   

Watched the highlights back just there. Zanatta being pushed over in the box by Foster is a penalty, no doubt. Foster knows he is wrong side and just shoulder charges his back with absolutely no attempt to play the ball. Not showing the Poplatnik chance at the end was a bit weird - the one where all he had to do was square it to a few waiting players but instead attempted a series of beyond belief Cruyff turns. 

21 hours ago, TxRover said:

Yea, but it was also (just) outside the area.

Seems Tumilty is roaming forward much more than Dick…effectively. Wondering if that’s design based upon Partick or Dick’s less effective attacking play.

If it's the shove it's at least 5 yards inside the box

Or were you talking about the hand ball? 

Edited by Scottydog

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

If it's the shove it's at least 5 yards inside the box

Or were you talking about the hand ball? 

The shove.

9 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Thought Tumilty was back to close to his best yesterday. Several marauding runs up the park, probably the fittest player in the team. Stanton was excellent, breaks up play but also a real driving force from the middle of the park, a real complete midfielder. I’d also have Connolly on the park from the start most weeks. His first touch and general ability to get us up the park and into dangerous areas is really undervalued. Zanatta is frustrating as when he is on his game we all know, like at the start of the season, he is comfortably one of the best wingers in the league, but there were several times today where I think he was hiding and not really looking for the ball. I’m also insistent that we play that formation from now on, and we never see 5 at the back ever again. That’s probably the best we have played since we beat Killie at home in about fucking November.   

Watched the highlights back just there. Zanatta being pushed over in the box by Foster is a penalty, no doubt. Foster knows he is wrong side and just shoulder charges his back with absolutely no attempt to play the ball. Not showing the Poplatnik chance at the end was a bit weird - the one where all he had to do was square it to a few waiting players but instead attempted a series of beyond belief Cruyff turns. 

I like the focus on one side or the other…Tumilty roving and Dick hanging more back…like we saw yesterday. Playing the weaker side perhaps? I see Dick as an excellent nip in and tap in a cross type rather than the drive to the line and cross it, unlike Tumilty.

On that note, can we PLEASE train on properly weighted crosses/freekicks/corners!!! The amount of waste for overhit balls is mind blowing.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

On that note, can we PLEASE train on properly weighted crosses/freekicks/corners!!! The amount of waste for overhit balls is mind blowing.

It still amazes me how we can’t put in a decent corner. We need to stop the predictable punt it to the back post and hope Bene/Berra head it back across goal. That has only worked once this against east Fife. Since then we haven’t been close to this routine working 

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

The shove.

I like the focus on one side or the other…Tumilty roving and Dick hanging more back…like we saw yesterday. Playing the weaker side perhaps? I see Dick as an excellent nip in and tap in a cross type rather than the drive to the line and cross it, unlike Tumilty.

Whit?!🤔