Raith Rovers v Partick Thistle - 26th Feb

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So I took this as a wee bit of joshing until I looked over the Partick v Morton highlights, and that is an incredibly bad condition for a pitch. I see six home matches left in a 59 day period, including hame games on 4/3 and 8/3, which allow very little recovery time. I also see rain forecast the day before the first match and on the day of the second, which isn’t likely to be a good thing either.

So I’ve always seen complaints about Firhill’s surface, what’s the real problem?

It's a shithole!

26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So I took this as a wee bit of joshing until I looked over the Partick v Morton highlights, and that is an incredibly bad condition for a pitch. I see six home matches left in a 59 day period, including hame games on 4/3 and 8/3, which allow very little recovery time. I also see rain forecast the day before the first match and on the day of the second, which isn’t likely to be a good thing either.

So I’ve always seen complaints about Firhill’s surface, what’s the real problem?

Queen's Park playing there hasn't helped. But I am led to believe that there is a drainage problem. We have always had a drainage problem at Firhill, but the did spend some money on it to remedy it. After Glasgow Warriors left our pitch became a fine surface to play on, with significant investment. But it seems our problems have re surfaced.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Try 13 games in the same time frame. Plus there’s a decent chance both of us will have playoff games on it as well.

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Try 13 games in the same time frame. Plus there’s a decent chance both of us will have playoff games on it as well.

Ouch, Queens Park is there too?

2 hours ago, Frank conner said:

It's a shithole!

You, sir, are a strong competitor for my first ignore!

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Ouch, Queens Park is there too?

Yep, and it’s been the completely predictable shambles most of us expected. Surprised you weren’t aware of the situation considering the (rightful) criticism we’ve had for the past couple of months because of it.

But aye, quite looking forward to watching a game on grass again on Saturday, so hopefully this one is on.

Edited by Nightmare

20 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Yep, and it’s been the completely predictable shambles most of us expected. Surprised you weren’t aware of the situation considering the (rightful) criticism we’ve had for the past couple of months because of it.

But aye, quite looking forward to watching a game on grass again on Saturday, so hopefully this one is on.

If you're wanting to watch a match on grass then Starks Park isn't for you I'm afraid.... 

11 hours ago, foreverarover said:
22 hours ago, Scottydog said:
Depends on what's still to come, forecast wasn't great. Hopefully it misses us. 

It's to be 9 degrees and sunshine on Friday and 8 degrees on Saturday???

Yeah but I posted 22 hours ago, some sites still said snow in Central areas on Thursday. 

It’s been sunny today in Kirkcaldy. Forecast tomorrow is for it to be overcast but dry and 9 degrees. Shouldn’t be any issues. I’m really looking forward to the big city team coming to town. Are we still allowed to sing that John McGlynn song, if we’re winning?

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s been sunny today in Kirkcaldy. Forecast tomorrow is for it to be overcast but dry and 9 degrees. Shouldn’t be any issues. I’m really looking forward to the big city team coming to town. Are we still allowed to sing that John McGlynn song, if we’re winning?

Only after the 96th minute 😉😃😃

I've barely thought about football the last couple of days but I've woken up buzzing for a trip to Kirkcaldy and a welcome distraction from events to the east.

There's nothing like a game of football to take your mind off war/women/work/et cetera.

A good day wished to all heading to Stark's (and those staying away for board of director related reasons).

My only dilemma today is whether to go South Stand or Main Stand.

I’m thinking South Stand as I’m a wee bit superstitious and believe that as I saw us beat Partick Thistle from the South Stand in September, I should go South Stand again. I’m hoping for the same scoreline.

On the crowds thing, the three guys I usually go to the football with are all missing this one. Nothing to do with the DG situation, Illness x 2 and too cold x 1.

Ethan Ross to return to form and punish Thistle. Zanatta and Connolly also to get their mojos back.