Raith Rovers v Partick Thistle - 26th Feb

Partick Thistle on Saturday will be my first game at Starks since November 20th 2021, when we beat Morton 2-1.

Thistle are at home to a rejuvenated Morton on Tuesday, if their pitch holds up. Brian Graham got a hat-trick in his last game, away at ICT. Hopefully he gets any goals out his system against Morton rather than saving them for us.

Since I last attended a game it’s all went wrong. As I’m a superstitious football fan, I am hoping that my attendance is key. I’m not sure this will guarantee us 3 points but I’ll be in attendance to see if it works.

On the deadline day signing, I wonder if either party have been in touch with Partick Thistle’s sponsor.

CBFA6390-C35B-4F5A-A7B0-5E5C01C10926.png

Edited by Scary Bear

• Scary Bear changed the title to Raith Rovers v Partick Thistle - 26th Feb

I’d love it if we went for Graham instead of a fucking rapist. But heho. We haven’t won a league game since the start of December. Partick will win this no probs. Until these c***s in charge are gone I won’t be back. f**k them!!!!!

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’d love it if we went for Graham instead of a fucking rapist. But heho. We haven’t won a league game since the start of December. Partick will win this no probs. Until these c***s in charge are gone I won’t be back. f**k them!!!!!

Thanks for the input 👍 

2 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Don't think I'll bother with this one, easiest 3 points for Thistle if we keep playing Gullan up front by himself.

Thistle are going up, they played League 1 like Harps from Hell, they’re doing the same with the Championship mark me. 

Thistle shouldn't struggle with this one at all. For all the chat of their fixture pile-up, it's hardly going to affect them coming to Kirkcaldy to play a Rovers team on a horrendous run of form.

McGlynn has to change the formation from recent weeks if Rovers are to stand any chance of taking something from this game.

16 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

No matter how good or bad we are we always seem to be utterly shite in Kirkcaldy.

I think Paddy Boyle might've scored the last time we won there so it's at least a decade ago unless a more recent game has slipped my mind.

March 2011 and you're correct Boyle scored, as did Doolan in a 2-0 win but due to not being in same league since 2012-13 the run is 5 games. 

At least this game should be on, we've had games off for wind, snow, flooding and covid this season so probably due a plague of locusts or something. 

Edited by Fuctifano

17 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Don't think I'll bother with this one, easiest 3 points for Thistle if we keep playing Gullan up front by himself.

Raith played no one up front last time and we made hard work of it.

Wont be in attendance due to the Goodwillie situation. Would be overjoyed with 1-0 via the worst goal ever scored tbh. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Raith played no one up front last time and we made hard work of it.

Wont be in attendance due to the Goodwillie situation. Would be overjoyed with 1-0 via the worst goal ever scored tbh. 

You mean your giro won't stretch that far get a grip! Bloody drama queen 🙄 

From our point of view we really have to hope Morton can do us a favour on Tuesday against Partick and we somehow get our shit together ahead of Saturday. Our run of form at the moment is brutal but I think a win would kick start things and get our season back on track. Weirdly looking forward to it having not been to a game since November.