THE RUN IN

Well the final quarter of the season is upon us

Will Kelty hold their nerve and see the job outΒ 

Anyone from Stranraer up got a realistic chance of making playoffsΒ 

Cowden on the rise whilst Elgin in free fallΒ 

My predictions are we (Kelty) will have league won 🀞 πŸ™πŸ» before Forfar visit who will already be in guaranteed play off spotΒ 

Annan qualifying and Edinburgh hanging on to fourth on the last dayΒ 

Cowden pull out relegation zone before April and sadly Elgin hit the dreaded relegation playoff placeΒ 

All the best of luck to all in the run inΒ 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Cowden pull out relegation zone before April and sadly Elgin hit the dreaded relegation playoff placeΒ 

I hope your predictions are accurate.Β πŸ˜‰

Two of Cowden’s next 3 games are against Kelty, so if you could just ease off a touch in both of them it would be much appreciated.

Kelly should hang on to 1st and Forfar and Annan (both decent teams) will get two play off spots.

The 4th place is up for grabs and I'm not confident City will get it. We have bogey team Albion Rovers away and a couple of games against Stenny to comeΒ 

Stenny are a bit up and down but I think they might finish 4th in the end.

Kelty will win comfortably. Β Don’t think there’s much between teams in second to ninth, although don’t think any of these squads would survive in League One. Β Cannot see Cowdenbeath escaping, but an improvement in form might give them a good chance in the playoffs, particularly since they’re not going to be facing an SPFL-quality team assembled at expense to win a league place.

Predicting anything in League 2 isn't something you can do with any degree of certainty, but fwiw:

Kelty to win the league. Can't see them being put under much pressure.

Forfar and Annan for the playoffs. They've been consistent enough over the season, and seem to bounce back from any sticky periods.

The final play off spot appears at present to be between Edinburgh and Stenny. Of the 2, I get the feeling Stenny are a bit more solid at the moment, so would tip them to make it. There are 2 or 3 teams who could come into contention if they can put a good consistent run together, but there's nothing to suggest that's going to happen.

I think Cowden are just a bit too far behind to get away from 10th, but a run of say 7 points from 4 games over the next month or so could give them a fighting chance. Elgin are obviously on a really poor run, and, if that continues, they could well be in bother. The same applies to Albion Rovers and ourselves.

The 10 team leagues get a fair bit of criticism, but, as usual, most teams have something to play for over the run in.

Kelty are strolling the league, as expected and can easily afford to lose more points, especially tomorrow and a week on Saturday! Not much between the rest of the teams. Annan are a tough team to play when they are on form.

As for us, I am not saying I expect this to happen, but it's crazy to think that we could actually be off the bottom by Friday night, after being so far behind.

We really need to pick up some points in the next 3 matches to give us a chance of catching Elgin, Albion Rovers or Stirling. Not going to be easy though, Kelty, Edinburgh, then Kelty again. We have a much stronger squad now and tougher team selection than under Bollan. Fingers crossed.

if our poor form keeps going down hill and cowdenbeath get some momentum then i see it pretty dreaded for us and if were in the relegation playoff (🀞🏻 hopefully not)

i can see us struggling against lower league or highland league opposition in the playoff id like to know myself why our forms took such a dip cause with the team we have i think we should be midtable hovering near playoff spot

3 hours ago, cityloon said:

if our poor form keeps going down hill and cowdenbeath get some momentum then i see it pretty dreaded for us and if were in the relegation playoff (🀞🏻 hopefully not)

i can see us struggling against lower league or highland league opposition in the playoff id like to know myself why our forms took such a dip cause with the team we have i think we should be midtable hovering near playoff spot

I actually thought when you picked up on January you would move up and challenge for the top four.

Never expected you to lose five in a row although once you hit a slump it’s hard to get out of it.

15 hours ago, PELE said:

Kelty are strolling the league, as expected and can easily afford to lose more points, especially tomorrow and a week on Saturday! Not much between the rest of the teams. Annan are a tough team to play when they are on form.

As for us, I am not saying I expect this to happen, but it's crazy to think that we could actually be off the bottom by Friday night, after being so far behind.

We really need to pick up some points in the next 3 matches to give us a chance of catching Elgin, Albion Rovers or Stirling. Not going to be easy though, Kelty, Edinburgh, then Kelty again. We have a much stronger squad now and tougher team selection than under Bollan. Fingers crossed.

I never really paid attention that we would get off bottom if we beat both Kelty and City.

Would be a big ask against Kelty, although they have lost three away games they have never lost at home.

As for City we’re due a win against them this season.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I never really paid attention that we would get off bottom if we beat both Kelty and City.

Would be a big ask against Kelty, although they have lost three away games they have never lost at home.

As for City we’re due a win against them this season.

Yeah. I didn't really look at it either at first Not expecting it. However, you never know, we can only try. Kelty will eventually lose a home game. Hopefully tonight. I see they have signed Kucheriavyi on loan. It's tough enough against them without them signing more players! Did they not sign a few new players last time before we played them?

• 3 weeks later...

Getting excited now almost thereΒ 

Annan pulling away in secondΒ 

Forfar trying their best to finish 5thΒ 

can honestly see City and Stenny in the playoffs ahead of ForfarΒ 

can Stranraer put a run in together ?

Elgin look safeΒ 

Albion Rovers will pick up points I’m sureΒ 

so think it’s Cowden for the playoffs , they’ve just had no luck up top and canny buy a goalΒ 

24 minutes ago, Neilly said:
26 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The excitement Kelty Hearts fans must be feeling just now bank rolling through league two at a canter.

Β 

johnny-english-rowan-atkinson.gif

Same pish awe the time neeb , all teams are bank rolled one way or another but still have to get their team to perform , Stenny must be pretty flush to go through about 190 players in a couple of seasons and to still be pish must be hard to take but it is what it is πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚